UTFG 5: Radio Silence✔

Gale's POV

(Radio Static) 

"It's been 5 days since Elijah Thompson's disappearance, all of the authorities are looking for her but there is no lead. What do you think happened Patrick?" 

"I actually have no idea, this is new to our town." 

"Actually, this is not new. There are a lot of cases where people are going missing without a trace or a witness. Just like 2 weeks ago, business tycoon Helga Brodley went missing. The person whom last seen her was her driver, but that's the day after her disappearance."  

"Do you think... they are dead?" A moment of silence.

"You're not allowed to say that on national radio." He laughed awkwardly. Shrugging off the the last statement he heard.

"I mean, allegedly! Do you think there is a serial killer walking by? Or a kidnapper whom targeted woman and children?" 

"I don't know. I guess we just have to trust the authorities hoping they will find something." 

"I wish so too. On the other hand---" I turn off the radio, and smiled widely after hearing the news. Satisfaction fills my head. 

The authorities will find nothing but dust. 

I stop at the thought, what if I reveal myself for excitement? 

But it's too risky. I don't wanna be caught yet. 

I shook my head at the thought and just let it go. It's a risky move, and everything I build might shattered into pieces just because I wanted to be more famous. 

I breathe deeply as I walked towards my car. I opened it and found a paper sitting in my car seat. 

I picked it up and saw this card. Eight of spade. I looked at the paper and examined it but it's completely blank. I roam my eyes and found nothing. No one is around. 

I wonder who will put it in my car.

I just shrug and dropped it on the floor. I don't have a used for it anyway.. 

I'm in the middle of driving going to my Cafe when I heard my phone rang. 

I picked it up and answered it. 

"Gale." I smiled when I heard the voice.

"Scarlett!" I squealed because of excitement. I can hear her chuckled. 

"I'm in the Philippines." My eyes widened as well as my mouth. 

"Oh my god! Are you going to visit me?!" I asked her excitedly. When I talked to her I can feel my heart beats fast. She's like a sister to me and it's been a while since I last saw her. I missed her so much.

"Yes. I am coming tomorrow. I'll bring someone with me, I hope you won't laid a finger on her. She's my servant." I nod my head thinking she can see me.

"Okay. I won't take interest. I promise." 

"I hope so too. Anyway, I heard the news." 

"Yeah. I'm famous." 

"But still anonymous." 

"Do you want me to reveal myself?" Because if she want it, I will do it. I felt my heart pound at the thought.

"No. That's risky." I sighed in relief. 

"I know. I think about revealing too, but I as you said... It's risky." I am scared actually, but it's a natural thing. 

"What are you going to do to the bodies?" 

"I am thinking of... collecting the bones and bodies that are buried under ground. I want a new garden." 

"Are you sure? What are you going to do with it?" 

"I am. I'm thinking of dumping it out. Can you help me move it?" I heard her sighed.

"I will. Just take it easy and tell Venedict that you're planning to move the bodies." 

"I will, thank you Scarlett." 

"No problem. I have to go." 

"Okay." I smiled as I ended the call. 

When I reached the Cafe, my eyes widened as I saw cops inside the cafe. It looks like they're waiting for someone. 

I parked my car and quickly got out. I walked towards the cafe and opened the door. The bell rang and the customers glanced at me as I caught their attention. 

I saw my barista in the counter taking orders and the other one is serving the customers. Thank god they are here. 

They're in a relationship and when shit happens, they will ditch the Cafe which makes me so aggravated. I wanted to kill them but they are loyal and good to me, so I don't have a choice but to be patient and kind. Even if i'm faking it.

"Ms. Knight..." The officer stood up as well as his companion. 

"Yes. What is going on." I'm acting like I didn't know anything, and all of the things that they will questioned me about.

"We just have a few questions." I blinked a few times. Worry appeared in my face, making them think that i'm nervous.

"Okay... I think we should sit down first." They both nod and sit down. I sit in front of them and rest my hands on the table.

"So... what's all of this about?" I asked innocently. I smiled weakly to make it looked more natural.

"In November 15th, business tycoon Helga Brodley went missing without any trace. We questioned a few people around here and it looks like... they may or may not seen Ms Brodley entered your Cafe that day." 

"Who is that anyway? The name is not familiar." They looked at each other and the officer that questioned me sighed and opened up the folder on his side. He took out a picture of a middle age woman with her husband and children.

"This is Ms Brodley. Do you recognized her face?" 

"N-No... Why? What happened?" 

"This woman has been missing for two weeks now, and we don't have anything but a tip from someone to questioned the owner of this Cafe, which is you." Did someone saw what I did? Cause I can remember seeing no one near the Cafe that day.

"Wait... Why would you asked me something about a person being missing? As you can see I am running a Cafe, and I am also a busy woman." 

"But why was your Cafe closed at November 15th?" My heart skip a beat as I lean on the chair. I can feel my blood rushing through my veins.

"I had a rough night, I just opened the Cafe thinking I can operate it, but my head hurts so bad, I just closed it and took a day off. Both my workers are not present that day." They both looked unconvinced by what I said. They stared at each other and both stood up. 

"Are there any security cameras here?" I shook my head. 

"Thank you for your time, Ms. Knight." I nodded and they walked by pass me and left the Cafe. I think they will start to investigate me and follow me around. 

I held my neck and glanced at my phone. I texted Scarlett and told her about the police. 

"I'll take care of it." I sighed in relief, she really is the best. 

_____

You just can't see it. Cause the internet is not a good place to date.

Dont forget to

Vote 

Comment

Follow

Thanks for reading! 

keroschix