UTFG 17: Chief✔

THIRD PERSON 

The chief of police doesn't have a single goodnight sleep since his wife's passing. He investigated the case and look for a possible suspects or a possible motives, but there is none. 

There is no connection between every single victims. It's like looking into a puzzle without a single clue or a hint. There is no possible way to find answers. He keeps on working and working until he finds the killer. 

When he finds him... he will not hesitate to bring the justice on his own hands. 

"Dad?" He wiped his eyes and looked at the man who just came. His son... Vincent. 

"Son... You're late. It's not good to be late in this kind of hour. You need to go home early. Many people, specially thugs are on the run." 

"I know Dad. I'm with my boss." He sit on the chair in front of him and looked into the papers.

"Dad.... how did Mom died?" He stopped and just look at his son's eyes. Moments later he sighed and wipe his eyes.

"She was killed, and i'm not stopping... until I find out who killed her." 

"Do... you have any suspects?" The Chief shook his head. Vincent seems disappointed and just stood up and walked towards his room. 

"I'm sorry son... I didn't know this was going to happen." Vincent didn't answer. Instead he just continue walking towards his room and fell in his bed. 

The Chief felt disappointed at himself as well. He's the chief of police, but he can't do anything about his wife's brutal death. 

"Helga... Tell me who killed you." He cried silently until he passed out. 

The next day Chief went to the precinct feeling a little groggy. He just ignored it and drink some coffee.

"Chief... A report came today." 

"About what?" 

"Missing person." He look at him in annoyance.

"Another one?!" 

"Yes... Apparently... There are more but the family doesn't want to file a report." 

"Why?" 

"No idea Chief." He looked at the paper the officer gave him.

"Jackson Wallace. 20 years old, 5 foot 8, missing on november 15." A few days ago. 

"This is getting out of hand." The missing people are annoying him. No one saw what happened, no one dares to talk, like it came out of no where and the body/person got missing. 

"I guess we just have to wait until the body shows up again." 

Chief sighed and just shook his head in disagreement. 

Days passed by... He's right. The body turned out to be dead and it's been floating for days in the river. Same river where he found his wife. 

"Who saw the body?" 

"Some locals. They're walking when they saw the body." 

"Is it... decapitated?"

"No. But it looks like they took the eyes out." 

"You think they're going to sell them?" 

"No sir. I think... their somehow collecting it... The wounds are not perfectly extracted..." 

"Why the fuck is this happening in our town?! GOD DAMN IT!" 

"Sir... I think we need to inform the public about the killers. We can't risk another missing person." Chief nod and inform his police and the media about the killer. Not that they're not aware of them, but to be more careful. Never trust anyone. 

Cause anyone can be a serial killer. 

A month passed. There are still a few missing person, but it lessens. Maybe because of the news. People are afraid to go outside.

"Sir. A body has been found in the dumpster. It looks like... It's been there for months." 

Chief immediately went to the dumpsite and saw the bodies piled up. It's been packed inside a travel bag and some are inside a drum.

"It smells really bad." The officer vomited. It really smell so bad. Bugs and insects are everywhere. 

"Who discovered the body?" 

"Another local. He said that he opened the drums and saw the body rotting inside. It also look like... there's some water. "

They checked everyone of them. They confirm that some of them have been reported missing. 

"W-What happened officer?!" Someone came and want to barge on the scene. 

"Ma'am. We can't allow you to go it. It's... It's really bad inside." 

"NO! They said my husband is in there!!" She cried so hard and just hug the officer in pain. 

Chief sighed. People started to gather so as media. 

Tabloids, news and radio will talk about this tomorrow, or today.

"Sir. Someone dump a new body by the river... so as the road." 

"They're becoming more vulgar... They must have love the attention they make."

"It looks like it sir. We should go." Chief nodded and they went by the river. It looks like there are some body parts. 

"Check the dumpsite for body parts being lost. It looks like they just put it in here. Also. Install a CCTV in every corner in here. This is their main target area to dump the body." The officer nod and call tech. 

Little did they know...

Gale Knight is watching from a far. She smirk when she saw how annoyed and stress the Chief is. 

'I will kill him next.' 

She grabbed her phone and call Venedict.

"I want you to stalk the Chief of police. I want his head on my chamber today." 

"Yes My lady." 

_____

The chief went home late. Vincent is not home yet, and it makes him worry. He's about to call him when he heard a thud. 

'Is he home?' He asked himself. He walk towards the kitchen and tried to turn the lights on, but it doesn't turn on. 

"What the..." He's about to walk inside when suddenly a plastic covered his head and it strangles him. The man put his arm around his neck from behind and it began to suffocates him... A minute passed by and he passed out. 

"My lady... We're coming." 

"Alright." 

The line went out. He carry the man and put him inside the trunk. He leaves no trace of evidence. 

An hour passed till the Chiefs abduction when Vincent came home.

"Dad!" He looked everywhere, but his dad is not home.

'I guess he stayed out late.' 

______

The end is near... wait till the end. It's not long, but it's interesting to read. 

Vote 

Comment

Follow

keroschix