Old, Faded Memories

This will be a story of the first chapter of a new book "It's not Over Yet Varian x Reader" I'm in progress of writing. The chapters will be out very soon and when They do I'll let you all know, anyways enjoy this Chapter

Y/n's P.O.V

   I was finishing up my fencing lessons with one of the good competitors I wanted to challenge. Surprisingly, I barely beat him and he's one of the best fencers in the whole fencing group. I pull my mask up and leave it on top of my head

   "Good job on your training Ravi" I say sticking my hand out for him to shake,

   he took off his mask revealing his blonde hair and cold grey eyes, he glares down at me and slaps my hand away and walks to the changing rooms. He's always this cold and distant from everyone and honestly I don't know why I try and try to be friendly to him if he's not going to return the favor. I shrug it off as nothing and head inside a changing room and change into my maroon ankle length dress.

   I push the doors to the building open letting the sunlight pour in aluminating everything it touches. I squint my eyes and step outside, my eyes adjust to the sunlight and I look around at the green grass and trees, bright blue sky, and children running around. A little smile forms on my lips watching little kids running around not caring about anything else in the world. I start walking away but these children's voices make me stop in my tracks

   " promise me we will be together forever and not let anything pull us apart" I look over at the kids.

   One is a boy with bright brown hair pulled to one side. The other is a girl with a green dress and red hair with freckles across her cheeks. They give each other a big hug and stay that way for a couple of seconds. I turn away and start walking away from them. My pace slows down as those words echo through my head triggering a flash back from six years ago.

Flashback

   "You know we will be the bestest friends ever and nothing I mean Nothing can break our friendship apart. And even if we are far away from each other just know I will never forget about you" Varian says in a low and sweet tone.

   I smile and nod, he takes my hand and puts something on my palm. He closes my hand and lets go, I look down and open my palm to see a dark purple beaded necklace. I stare at it in awe and amazement

   "Wow, V-Varian, it's beautiful, how did you make it?" I barely got out making him chuckle and rub the back of his neck.

   "Well, I used the machine I invented recently to compress sand into these little rocks and that's when I started making the necklace, and every one of those made me think of you so I had to use them" I smile looking down at the beautiful necklace in my hands.

   I give Varian a big hug, he also raps his arms around my waist. I hold him for what seemed like hours. Finally I let go of the embrace

   "Um can you help me put it on please" I say handing the necklace back,

    Varian nods and grabs a hold of the ends of it. I turn around and brush my hair over my shoulder and look down.

   "Anndd done" I hear him say,

   I turn around and he takes a good look at me, his cheeks slowly turn a light shade of pink then darker. I can't help myself but look away smiling as I feel myself turn shades of pink.

   "Promise me you will never take it off" he puts his pinky finger up waiting for mine to intertwine with his.

   I nod with a big smile on my face

  "I promise with all my heart I will never, ever take it off" I lift my pinky up and interwine it with Varian's, both of us start laughing.

   End of flashback & Third person view

   Y/n blinks back into reality as she still hears both her and Varian's laugh ego through her head. She slowly lifts up her hand to her chest feeling the necklace, Varian's present to her. A tear escapes her eye and slowly rolls down her cheek, she quickly lifts her other hand up and wipe the tear away before anyone could see that she's crying. Clearing her throat she begins walking to her house.

   Unable to sleep, she stares at the sealing letting all these different memories play in the back of her head like a movie. Remembering the time when she and Varian ran around fields getting themselves into all sorts of trouble. Remembering the time they both snuck out of their homes and played in a flower field close to the ocean only to fall asleep there and waking up to the sun shining knowing you both would get in so much trouble for sneaking out. Tears fall out of her eyes staining the pillow with them, just remembering all the fun times they had makes her happy but sad that it had to end so soon due to her family moving out of Corona to another small town a full day away. Her mind wonders away from the memories to something else,

   'since my family isn't here with me anymore and I'm all on my own in this house. I can move back to Corona in hopes that Varian is still there. What's the point in living in a big house with multiple bedrooms if only one person lives in it?' She thinks as she sits up and looks around,

   she notices a light green light barely aluminating the walls. She immediately knows it's the markings on her wrist and forearm. Since she and her family moved here these marks began appearing on all three of their arms, she never knew why even though she kept asking her parents but they shrugged it off and soon she too began shugging it off like nothing. She looks away from her left arm and looks around her parent's room, she always likes sleeping in her parent's once room because it makes her feel safe and connected to them even though they are long gone. She wipes away the tears that continue to stream down her face, she stands up putting on her shoes and begins leave the house.

   She walks for a couple of minutes before kneeling down in front of two rocks. More and more tears escape and her wheeps become a bit louder, she lifts her hands up tracing her fingers over some carvings on the rocks, they cause the markings on her wrist and forearm to glow brighter, she looks up and take one good look at her parent's names on the stones.

    " Mom, dad, I really miss you two. I wish you were still here with me I hate being all alone with no one to talk to except for your grave stones. I promise one day I will catch those assholes that took you away from me and I'll make them pay for what they did, I will avenge both of you, I also think tomorrow I'm going to move back to Corona, although I don't have enough money but I'll have to sell some of our decorations and furniture in order to maintain the money... you remember Varian, right? Well I really miss him and I want to be with him again so we can go back to old times all though it's been 6 years and I don't think we would 'play' like we used to do. Heh anyways I should go back home and get some sleep. Bye mom and dad I love you both" she hugs both of the graves and gets up making her way back home.

   Climbing into her parent's bed she hums a song her mother used to sing to her before she fell asleep, the song always helped her fall asleep even when she was feeling very sad. Slowly she drifts off to sleep remembering all the fun happy times she used to have with her family and Varian before they three moved away and her parent's were murdered by these horrible people. At least they died trying to save the town and their only daughter.