Saving Quirin and Varian

It's been two months since Varian has broken out of the dungeons with lady Caine and her crew. I have been keeping my guard up in case he comes for me or my family, every time I leave the castle I either need to have a guard escort me to where I need to go or wear a cloak to hide my face. Today I am heading to Varian's home all alone to see if this chemical compound that I made using his notes would free Quirin from the amber he was encased in a long time ago. I take my cloak and satchel then set the blue chemical in my satchel to keep it from harms grasp. I start heading out the castle walls into my kingdom, Corona. The walk was pretty long and uneventful but I manage to make it to his castle-like house.

   It looks so eerie since no one came and fix it or keep it clean in a really long time.

   "Jeez I should really come here more often and get this place cleaned up before I free Quirin." I say to myself while staring at the house.

    Finally I snap out of my trance and walk inside. The air is thick and dusty from the debris leftover since the battle between Varian, my sister and friends, flashbacks flood in to that horrible time period I wish had never happened. I carefully make my way to his lab through the creaky floor hoping no one can hear me walking because the boards are so delecate from not being used in a while and the atomiton basically destroying the floor boards. Distant screaming from the past echos through my ears

   "VARIAN, PLEASE STOP THIS IS NOT YOU!"

   "STOP YOU ARE GOING TO KILL US!"

   "VARIAN I KNOW IT'S NOT YOU PLEASE COME TO YOUR SENSES!"

   "NO, HE DIDN'T MEAN TO, DON'T TAKE HIM AWAY!"

   "AAH PLEASE LET ME GO YOUR CRUSHING ME!"

   Tears form in my eyes and role down my cheeks remembering everything I said to try and stop him. But no matter what I told him he didn't listen not even when he almost crushed me to death. Still thinking about it hurts my body but not as much as it hurts my heart. I shake the thoughts away as I enter Varian's old lab and set everything down.

   "Ok (___), let's hope this chemical compound will work... here goes nothing" I say pouring the blue liquid on the amber Quirin is in.

   Nothing happens for a few seconds and I start losing hope that it's not the one, until, the liquid starts burning through the amber. It's not seeping in too much but just a little bit.

   "Hah it's working! Oh I can't believe it's working if only Varian could see me now he would be so proud of me!" I say in a sort of loud tone twirling around the lab in excitement but only stopping and looking down with a sad expression on my face

   "I wish he was here to see me succeed in this and being here when his father gets freed" I say now in a low tone

   "Oh, but princess, I am here to witness my father being freed and I am very proud of you sweetheart for never giving up, you know I did doubt you at first but seeing you now... you've just proven me wrong"

   An all too familiar voice deep but very slightly squeaky voice says from behind me making my whole body shiver and freeze on the spot unable to move. My breath hitches and I try thinking of a way to get out of this place before he tries anything. I hear his shoes step closer and closer to me giving me more pressure with each step he takes. I spot a slightly open window I opened earlier to let fresh air in and not intoxicate myself eith any chemicals, I can push the window open a little further and climb out. On the count of three is when I'll sprint to the window.

   One...

   Two...

   "THREE"