twenty~one!

***

He stared at her trying to read more meaning to her words. Then he asked, "How do you mean things change?"

"Well, one of the main reasons my mom refuses to leave Canada was because she is working in Aunt Brenna's company. When her husband died, my mom concluded that she needed help so we stayed behind." She said.

"When PK building went down that night, it threw everybody off balance. We had to cut expenses, I could no longer go for swimming lessons. Even after the issue was resolved, I had lost so much interest in it already."

"The marriage proposal brought the two companies to actually merge and if the marriage did work, it would have be a good thing for us technically. Coupling with the fact that you and Clara were already in a relationship, they were very very positive it was going to work till she surprised us the next day." She said.

"Sometimes I wonder why she did that, I thought she was in love with you." Clarissa stated.

"I thought so too, until we couldn't find her. The only thing she left behind was a note and it surprised me too. Maybe we didn't know her well enough." Said Daniel.

"Maybe," Clarissa said to herself. "It's getting cold, I think we should head home." She said.

"Time up already?" He said and they smiled nevertheless.

"I guess so," she replied. They found themselves packing up for the night. He transferred everything to the trunk of the car before getting in after her.

"Some hot coffee to help with the cold?" He suggested.

"Sure!"

__$

He went in after her and she took in her surrounding. Most people turned to look at them. Clarissa rubbed her arm nervously, hating feeling uncomfortable with the stares. It would take some time for her to get use to it. Who wouldn't stare at her? She was the wife of a billionaire and the media's frequent topic. She took Daniel's arms around hers wanting to get rid of some cold.

"You okay?" He asked her and she nodded.

He turned his attention back to the lady behind the counter. "Two coffees please,"

"Okay sir,"

Daniel hugged his wife to himself noticing what the stares of people did to her. When the lady returned with their coffee, he took it and they returned to their car.

"The coffee is not that bad." Clarissa said wanting a reaction out from Daniel. She obviously knew this was not his type of coffee.

He said, "I hate it."

"I knew it. This coffee is not your taste anyways so why did you come here?"

"You said you were cold so I thought it could help."

"It did anyways," she said and he nodded. "It isn't that bad Daniel actually." She told him when she notice him grimace.

"It is, I'm telling you. The coffee tastes so bad I feel like I should never have drank it."

She chuckled and he couldn't help but stare at her. Just seeing her happy made him relaxed. He smiled and shook his head, amused.

When she noticed the unwavering stare, it got her uncomfortable.

"I had fun today Daniel, Thank you."

"We can do this again sometime?"

She smiled. "Are you asking me out on another date Daniel?"

"Yes," He cleared his throat making sure he voice didn't sound hoarse this time. "Yes I'm asking you on another date."

She said, "Sure, I would love to."

He cleared his throat and started the car once more as they fell into an uncomfortable silence.

__

"What shampoo do you use?" He suddenly asked and she chuckled.

"You know if you just tell me my hair smells nice it'll be better." He chuckled too.

He had his hand behind his head and his other around her as she laid besides him. The silence of the night was heard again along with the rhythm of their heartbeat.

"How long would I have to wait till you say it back to me?" She froze before stealing a glance at him finding him already staring at her. He smiled and tightened his hold on her before looking away.

"How much longer will I have to wait?" He said without looking at her. She eased herself into his embrace again, her head to his chest.

"Actions speak so much better than words you know-"

"There's still no harm in saying it," he interrupted and she swallowed.

"I-"

"Take your time don't worry, I know I'll surely hear it when I'm back." He told her. It only took seconds for her to register what he had just said.

He was leaving...

She pulled away gently and he let her, supporting herself with her elbow.

"You're leaving?" She asked and he nodded.

"I'll be gone by Monday morning," he continued. "I have to talk things over with some of the investors of our new project. It'll only take a week."

She licked her lips in contemplation. He noticed she always does this when she's over thinking things. Most of the times, he had wanted to know what was going on in that head of hers.

"Where you going to leave without telling me?"

"Of course not, I wouldn't do that." He said immediately. "I don't want you to hate me so soon." He teased and she looked away before placing herself back besides him.

"Will you miss me?" He asked hoping for a positive response.

"Yes, yes I will." Her words barely came out as a whisper but he caught it anyways and brought her even closer to him if possible.

"I can't believe I won't get to see you for a week."

"You can still see me," she said.

"How is that?" She mustered all the courage she could get and stole a kiss on his jaw. It happen so suddenly to him that he froze, his eyes boring into hers in surprise.

She refused to look away even still. This was her chance to get him to take her along. She had been wanting this moment for years and now he was holding her this well, he wasn't going to leave her yet.

"Can I come with Please? Don't you think I should go to the meeting with you?" She hesitated. "Plus, now this has happened between us...I don't think, I will be comfortable being away from you for a week." She told him, failing to hide her worry from him. He released his hand behind his head to take her disturbing hair away from her face.

"When you look this beautiful," He started.

The look she was giving him was making him lose restraint. He had to touch her eventually not bothering to hide his eagerness. His thumb trailed to her lips and his Adam apple bopped.

He leaned closer to lock their lips but hesitated. Her eyes never leaving his lips, she arched in him sealing their lips and he didn't waste time to respond. She gently wrapped her hands around his neck to sink him further into her.

"How can I refuse?" He muttered after pulling away and he mirrored her smile before crushing his lips to hers once again.

____

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

N.G