Tollar Stone

Walking into the house on the arm of Jacob I feel a little awkward. However, the familiar sound of father's voice gives me enough courage to continue on.  Our friends and my father are all in the sitting room having some tea. Father is the first to notice our arrival with a sly glance. 

Trying to figure out why  I realize my hand is still on Jacob's arm. Blushing, I drop his hand and move several steps away.

Jacob just shrugs off my reaction going over to sit next to Mark. Who to my displeasure is right next to Sarah chatting. 

Frowning at that, I almost didn't hear father's voice. "Andy, don't stand there like a tree. Come sit down with your dear old dad."

"Father you aren't old" I object taking the spot next to him.

"Yes, I am and soon you'll be taking care of me" he jokes.

"Fine, when that day comes I will hire a maid to take care of you."

"Oh you will hire a maid. What kind of cold-hearted daughter did I raise?"

"One who will not bat an eye if you fell on your face." I counter earning a laugh from father and the royals. Feeling like my old self again, I let myself be drag into a conversation with Rachel until Mel makes her entrance.

Walking down the stairs Mel has on a blue dress that shows off her breasts and makes her waist tinier. Her hair is curled and her white skin glows, yet her appearance did not impress the royals.. Both men aren't gawking at my sister which seems to fluster her.

"Hello your Highnesses, I'm Melissa Miller a witch of the earth."  Mel says using the introduction mother taught us for the royals. People believe if a royal knows what type of witch a woman is it improves her chances.

"Nice to meet you Melissa, I am Prince Mark of Gallopia and this is Jacob of Polla.". At hearing his title I can imagine my sister plotting her next move. Scanning the area around the royals she notice the spots are taken by my friends.

Huffing Mel has no choice but to sit next to father and myself. She sends lethal glares towards Rachel and Sarah, probably thinking they  are after the princes themselves. And sadly in Mel's warp mind, that makes them the enemy.. Shaking my head at the thought, I overheard father telling the royals of Weston's problems.

"Let me explain why there's a decline in our crops for your nations. Our fields have been getting attacked by Delianians for a year now. We lost many crops and good people because of it. The money we have now isn't enough to hire a militia. I'm afraid Weston if things do not change will be gone."

Father's words grips everyone in shock and horror. The only person not bothered is Mel who is batting her eyes at Jacob. To his credit looks just as upset at the news than I do.

"We thought it was a drought not the Delianians attacking Perta too." He says dropping a huge piece of information in our lap.

" They are causing trouble in Polla too." I asks.

"For a year now our Elite Archers are holding them at bay. "Jacob  says with most of us amaze at hearing about the legendary group that skills and accuracy protects Polla.

"Its not just Polla, my kingdom is having similar problems."  Mark confirms giving us worried looks. "I don't know what the Delianians are planning, but we need to find out."

"I agree, its lucky you chose to come to Weston for the festival" Rachel responds.

"We did not really have a choice. This is the way it directed us to find our bride" Mark replies confusing me. 

" Where you not aware Weston was hosting a Princess Festival. It's seems a little off that someone had to tell you to come here?" Both Mark and Jacob gives me anxious looks. "Say something" I yell making Mark speak up.