Wizard Revealed

"It's the Goodman boy"  Tim points out one of the three men standing in front of me glaring at Jordan behind me. I could feel Jordan trembling and get's heated at the grown men for scaring him. 

"Mr. Walker he's a child and the storm was an accident" I yell in defense of Jordan but mockery is all I get for my efforts.

"An accident is breaking mommy's vase not causing a dust storm."  Tim announces with many other people in the village in agreement. 

"He needs to be run out of the village"  Cody proposes with Matthew nodding along with his brother. Feeling my stomach drop as I see a surge come from the crowd with people yelling their support. Fear races over me but mostly anger at people I thought I knew turning into monsters.

"Cody, your family does not know anything about magic. So, shut your mouth and stop threatening Jordan". I remark glaring at the men daring them to take a step closer. "He is a child and the only wizard to be born in this village, not a criminal."

"Andy's right, leave the boy alone. " One lady screams in agreement and I couldn't help but be proud. At least some people haven't lost their minds.

"You should be on our side Andy. You're my brother's fiancée," Cody alleges looking at Matthew who now was quiet and sullen. 

"She isn't his fiancée," Jacob hisses glaring at Matthew and his family standing beside me. I feel happy to have Jacob's aid.  His status alone should help, and I could see Tim losing his bravado.

Looking more gracious Tim gives a smile to Jacob. "Your Highness, it is good to see you again. Congratulations to you and Andy I understand." If Matthew looked disturbed before he is really bothered now at his father's chumminess with Jacob.

"I'd say the same but what just happen here left a bad taste in my mouth." Jacob declares frowning at the Walkers, but Tim missed the hint entirely.

"I'm sorry for any trouble this menace caused you." Tim says starting to go around me to get to Jordan. Just as Tim reaches for Jordan with his hand I slap it away.

"He isn't a menace, but a wizard learning his powers." I shout and for Tim's part he looks pissed at me for hitting his hand. However Tim took one glance at Jacob and chose  wisely to swallow what he wanted to say. 

"He is a demon." Matthew argues looking at Jordan with hate that would make anyone tremble.

"He is a boy with great powers and I agree with my fiancée" Jacob replies putting a gentle hand  around me. Moving us further into the corner Jacob unsheathe his sword and stood in position. "I will not let harm come to him." His announcement made Tim angry enough to speak.

"This is none of your concern,"  Tim yells his façade long gone. "You are just visiting and hold no bearing on any decision we make with the boy." Reaching past me again, Tim is blocked immediately.

"I cannot sit back and watch a child get bullied by grown men." Jacob declares firmly pushing the man away. Huffing Tim is surprised by the action and stand still unsure what to do.

"I am banishing that demon from Weston even if I have to beat this royal up." Matthew shouts lunging forward but a disturbance in the crowd stopped his attempts.  Shoving and pushing people Rachel comes sprinting out of the crowd.

"Matthew if you touch my brother, I'll bury you alive" She threatens with our friends at her back. Moving to form a circle around us, our friends face the crowd. Rachel takes up a spot between Matthew and me glaring at the Walkers. Although her eyes became bigger seeing Cody with the ones leading the charge.

"Cody, what are you doing? " Rachel asks in a shaken voice.

"Getting rid of the trash," Cody states proudly with a couple men in the crowd cheering him on. Hearing that Rachel's face is stricken. I didn't think it was just the crowd that put my friend in a sullen mood.