Isabelle Olympus Part 37

Hello! Sorry for making you guys wait for this but here it is. I feel like this part is a bit boring but the story is starting to wind down now. I hope that you guys still lilke it though and now that I'm on holiday I might be able to upload the next bit quicker.

I opened my eyes to find myself back in my cabin. I had purposefully wanted to avoid the communal areas in camp just in case I saw Chiron or Dionysus there. I may be feeling better about the whole situation but that doesn’t mean that I’m happy with it and seeing either of them would probably ruin the partial good mood Iris had managed to put me in.

“Hey.” A deep voice said, startling me. I spun around quickly and almost knocked right into the person behind me.

“Alex? You scared me. What are you doing here?” I asked, whilst trying to regain control over my heart beat.

“Iris mentioned that you might be in need of a little support.” He shrugged.

A wide grin spread over my face at that. Iris was the best friend that a girl could ask for. She seemed to know exactly what I needed.

I didn’t waste any time, and quickly threw my arms around him. I didn’t feel like spilling my guts all over again, especially when Iris had already told me everything I needed to hear, so I just hugged him silently.

I don’t know how much Iris told him, if anything , but he didn’t pressure me to talk or ask what was wrong and I really appreciated that. He seemed to understand that all I wanted was to hug him and he didn’t push for anything else.

I couldn’t tell you how long I stood there in Alex’s arms if my life depended on it. I tended to lose track of time when I was with him. But some time later I eventually pulled away.

“Better?” Alex asked with a hopeful expression.

“Definitely.” I grinned. How could I not be feeling better? I had been given really great advice by my best friend and got a well needed hug from my boyfriend.

“Good. Then my boyfriend duties are complete. I’ve got to go, but maybe I could pick you up later tonight and take you out somewhere? It feels like ages since we last got away from camp.” Alex suggested, with a hopeful look.

I nodded enthusiastically, grabbing at the chance to put all the problems and stress I was dealing with aside for a night and have some fun.

He gave me one more quick hug and a peck on the cheek before disappearing.

Once he was gone, the good mood I was in dulled slightly. Without him here, holding me all those things I thought of doing didn’t seem so easy. Now that he was gone, my task of training Percy up, looked to be like an impossible one. It’s not like I would have much time to teach him anything.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of those depressing thoughts. No, I wasn’t going to let the hopelessness of the situation get me down. I knew what I had to do and nothing was going to stop from trying my hardest to get Percy in quest-condition.