Isabelle Olympus part 31

Hello everyone! here's the next part. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think.

The silence that followed that statement was deafening.

No one said anything. No one moved. It was almost as though no one even dared to breathe.

They were all just stood there, staring at Percy, trying to comprehend the fact that he was really a child of the big three. None of them knew the consequences of this as well as I did, but they still knew that this was a big deal and that the treaty had been broken.

I think they were also terrified of the fact that a Hellhound had entered camp. That wasn’t supposed to happen. They were meant to be protected here. The creature’s appearance had them all second guessing how safe they really were.

Chiron was the first person to speak, breaking the awkward and tense silence that hung in the air.

“Okay, dinner time. Everyone back to the dining area.” Chiron said, trying to shoo everyone away. Nobody moved. I decided that it was time for me to step in.

“Everyone back to camp now, or else I’ll have you mucking out the Pegasus stables for a week.” I threatened loudly. That got people moving. A fairly large group of Aphrodite girls all but sprinted away from me after I said that, not wanting to have to do anything that got them within a metre’s distance of Pegasus dung. After that the crowd slowly started to break up and people slipped away. But they didn’t do it silently. They were all whispering to each other quietly and it was no secret what they were talking about.

I glanced over at Percy and saw that he looked extremely uncomfortable, which was understandable considering the fact that everyone was talking about him. The poor kid. Some first week he’s had.

Before long everyone had left the clearing and I was left standing there by myself. I sighed, there would be consequences in Olympus now that Poseidon had claimed Percy as his son. Things were not about to get any better up there. In fact, things were going to get a lot worse, I could tell.

It was then that I noticed the fraction of spear I had used to stab the hellhound, lying by my feet. I bent down to pick it up, and on closer inspection I could see that it was Clarisse’s dreaded weapon, but I couldn’t even find it in me to be happy that we had gotten rid of that thing. Normally, I know that I would have been delighted to know that I didn’t need to worry about my campers getting electrocuted anymore, but I just couldn’t, not when I knew that my parents were very likely to break out into war any day now. The reality of the situation was pressing down on me and I just wanted to run away from it all. I didn’t want my parents to be fighting. I hated that they couldn’t all just get along, but I guess that when you’re stuck with the same people for thousands of years and when all of those people have fairly big personalities and egos, there are bound to be clashes. But then those clashes didn’t need to escalate into a full scale war like this one was going to. They’re all family, for Styx’s sake! They should learn to get along.

I sighed again, realising that there wasn’t much that I could do to stop what was coming. Maybe tomorrow I should pop in to Olympus and see what’s happening. Hopefully they won’t be at each other’s throats, but I don’t think that that is really going to happen. It wouldn’t have been so bad if things weren’t already tense in Olympus. The other gods would probably have let this go fairly quickly if it wasn’t for the fact that they were already on the brink of an all out war, but the situation being as it is, this is probably going to push them over the edge. It was very bad timing.  

I turned around to head back towards camp but I stopped when I noticed that I wasn’t the only one in the clearing. Annabeth had remained behind too, and she was sitting on a rock next to the river looking down into the water glumly. I slowly walked over to her and sat down beside her.