Beauty

The school beauty was none other than Yuna.
Choi Yuna. Blessed with beauty, wealth, grace and admirers.

Her only flaw was, she is dumb. And that is why she was the black sheep of her family. Harsh.

Since elementary, she used to cling to me. I noticed, she only clung to people who could help her to get recognized. She was greedy. She was needy. She was envious.

Of me, my family.

"Hey, Minmin." Seven year old Yuna was lying beside seven year old Sungmin. They were away from the world. Away from the eyes.

At a grassland, where the sun warmly shines and the wind gently resides. The sky was dull, but it was not going to rain. The sky was perfect.

Something that Yuna aspired to be.

"Yes." I replied looking towards her. She seemed to be looking at me.

"I envy you." Silence.

"I envy your looks, your grades, your family." She confessed shamelessly.

"Why?" I asked.

From the childhood, Everyone admired me. My creativity. They used to tell my parents that they had given birh to a gem.

According to the society, I was delicately made by the Almighty. I had intelligence and a mind no one could resist to get surprised.

You could say, I hit the Jackpot.

I could understand her. Yuna, I mean. She was pretty. Pretty dumb. Pretty petty.

Her mind was creative too. But no one noticed. Their eyes fixicated on her face. No one praised her.

Slowly her admiration turned to heinous hatred.

She hates me.

I kept looking at the mirror. My natural brown hairlocks were bit wet from the constant splashing of water. I looked at my reflection. The constant splashes of water resulted my skin to slightly glisten with water droplets. My white shirt, part of the uniform, seemed to be a bit wet from the harsh splashes.

I wasn't ugly. I never turned to hate myself. I enjoyed seeing myself. The spectacles I wore weren't hiding me, they were stylish and I liked it. My mother asked me why I wore those. I couldn't answer.

I loved it. My choice was strange.

I kept looking at myself. Thinking what made me loose my dream. Why did I let someone else take my childhood dream.

'How much more would you keep hurting yourself?' I silently asked myself. Looking at he mirror. If looks could kill, the mirror would've shattered into pieces.

As I exited the washroom, I saw Yuna, Taehyung and their group laughing at something, loudly. Seeing them reminds me of old days. When we used to laugh, we used to tease each other.

When our feelings towards each other was innocent.

I looked at them and unconciously smiled. And tuned back to walk to our classroom. But, before I could walk away, a loud, pitched, overly-familliar voice called out to me.

"Sungmin!"