Friend

Park Jimin doesn't wanna quit, huh?

After lunch bell rang, the teacher gave us the homework for the next class and excused herself out. After her, many other students hurried to the canteen. Some fangirls in hope to see their hearthrobs and some alerted people who don't wanna face a line before the food counters.

I saw Park Jimin coming towards me. I quickly understood his approach. Before Park Jimin could ask anything, I ran.

But boy, oh boy. He ran too.

The adrenaline running through my veins was also a new feeling. I ran as fast as I could but the slightly taller boy was catching up to me. I focused on myself.

I pushed pass students walking towards the canteen. I was blocked by a hard chest when I decided to look behind me. Before I could fall behind a pair of strong hans grabbed me by my shoulders, preventing me not to fall.

I looked at the person. Kim Seokjin. Why do I had to bump into him? I noticed Taehyung and other friends of his and Yuna's trio who were staring at me, wide eyed.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Not even finishing his sentence, sudden realization hit me when Jimin was stood, panting a few feet behind me.

I ran again. This time hearing some yells from the guy I bumped into and the guy who was chasing me.

I easily mixed eith the crowd.

I was sipping my flavoured milk. Seeing the clouds. The rooftop was not off limits but nobody dared to pay visit here because of some silly legends.

I lazily sat myself on a corner, seeing Seokjin and his little crowd, surrounding him.

Probably congratulating him for his newly earned position.

As I sipped my flavoured milk and looked at all the possible directions suddenly a voice greeted me and surprisingly I left out a whimper and before I could notice, my flavoured milk fell to the ground.

And unfortunately, my drink fell on Taehyung's neatly brushed hair. Everyone was astonished and looked everywhere but upwards.

Suddenly Jimin grabbed my shoulder and kneeled down. I was too shocked to duck myself. But I owe him for this.

I looked to him to see him already staring at me. A sweat bud trickled from my forehead.

"Why did you run?" He asked me. Looking at the steel gate, intensely.

"Why did you chase?" I questioned back. Looking at him.

"Well, I wanted to be friends with you." He replied still not facing me. Narrowing his eyes a bit he sighed.

"By startling me like a creep?" I finally placed myself in a comfortable way. Sitting side by side.

"I didn't knew you were such a scaredy cat." He smirked looking back at me. After staring towards me for quite some time, he broke the silence.

"You are quite good of a runner," he stated smilingly. "You somehow managed to outrun me. I took you as a person who was really bad at athletics." He finished of with a chuckle.

I noticed it now, his voice was manly yet soft. It was somehow was satisfying to listen. He was friendly but he was too off-guarded.

Somehow reminding me about a certain someone.

"I consecutively won 5 times in a row at school athletics." I confessed. He was sure startled at my confession. Since. he took me as a non-athletic person.

"Woah, you sure are interesting." He praised me.

"So, the reason I came all the way here was," he started, taking a soft breath, he again began, "I want to be friends with you."

"Why?" I asked him earning a smile.

"Because you are mysterious. You are very straightforward and honest. It makes me feel glad that there are still honest people in the world,"

He looked at me, no. My eyes.

"And most importantly," he shifted himself facing fully at me.

"You are kind and genuine." He finished, smiling at each words.

I looked at him, it was not like I knew this all but it isn't everyday you get people telling you 'you are kind, honest' and all that stuff.

It was satisfying, somehow.

I smiled at him.

"So, are we friends yet?" He asked me again for confirmation.

"I- uh, yeah I guess?" I said hesitantly. Not sure what to reply back since It's been long, making a friend was new to me.

He laughed and shaked my hand. Ensuring the newly established bond.

"But, why do you wanna be friends with me when you have Seokjin, Taehyung and probably others?" I asked him.

"Well, Taehyung is busy with his girlfriend. So he doesn't really talks with me. Seokjin is nice but I don't know if I'd fit with him. And about others," his words trailed off. He looked at me.

"They are fake. Unlike you."