Tastes

"I am sorry I didn't mean to run off but," i said.

"But?" He asked, eagerly waiting for me to finish.

"I usually don't trust people that easily. Everyone I once trusted weren't elligible enough. They all left me at my worst."

"I am sorry to hear that. But you can rest assured I won't do the same." He said.

"And," he looked towards me. Inspecting my face.

"You need to eat more, don't you think a simple milk would leave you hungry?" He asked.

"Well, I don't have huge appetite." I answered shortly.

"Well in that case," he searched towards the rooftop and came to my direction with a bag.

"Sandwich won't hurt right?" He asked me.

I blinked at him. "But I don't-" he interrupt me and threw me the sandwich and took his one and begin to unwrap.

"You're welcome." He said. "And take it as my congratualtory gift for being my friend." He winked.

I simply scoffed and scrunched my face.

When we went to the classroom, everyone was seated already, some talking with each other while some revising their notes.

After the bell rang, indicating that it was time to pack the bags and go home. While I was packing my stuff Jimin came to me and asked me if we could walk home together. I was unsure, why is he befriending me when he has lot more cooler friends than me?

Something felt unsettling.

As we walked together, Jimin bumped Taehyung and his other friends. They caled him over, before going to them he glanced at me for permission.

I simply nodded and greeted him bye and without batting a last look I made my journey to my house.

I felt the same thing repeating. My heartbeat getting slower. What if his friends dared him to befriend me for a week? What if he is using me?

What if Taehyung is behind all of this?

Taehyung. As in, Kim Taehyung. The most popular person in our highschool. Almost everybody in the town knows him.

Blessed with Grace, beauty, wealth, bubbly personality and creativity he won hearts of thousands.

He seemed to enjoy the attention he got. But it was obvious that he didn't care anymore. He was cocky, narcissistic. He was proud. He was insecure.

"Hey, what is your name?" A voice asked me, beside me. I looked towards it to see Kim Taehyung. The loud and over friendly kid. He was really friendly with people. He nearly befriended everyone at the first day.

He came with a hope. They say opposites attract each other, I don't see much difference between us.

Both of us are friendly and think in an unique way. Both of us are cheerful and kinda loud. Both of us are the same. He liked being with me, I did the same. We were bestfriends.

I thought of him as my closest friend. We had a very strong bond. Our friendship resulted both our parents friendship. My mother grew closer to Taehyung's mom. My father and Taehyung's father both went golfing together, every Sunday.

We were doing well. And then, Taehyung started having feelings for me. Romantic feelings.

From an early age, Taehyung was more mature than other kids but he liked to play immature. If none other knew this fact about him, I knew it well.

He was insecure about his feelings. He was scared. Scared to make things awkward between us.

Everything started to make sense when Jungkook became friends with us. He was a lonely kid. Shy, really shy. He didn't talk that much but he was isolated.

We approached him, hoping to make a friend. When I gave him support, pushed him to participate in class activities, made him feel comfortable, Taehyung couldn't handle.

Taehyung felt distant.

He misunderstood. He thought Jeon Jungkook was guilty to make Sungmin care less about Taehyung.

Taehyung was insecure.

So he chose the harsh way. To make his little crush realize, Taehyung wasn't worthless. Powerless.

Foolish.

Taehyung befriended other guys and girls. He smiled at whomever he saw, he came out from his comfort zone. He studied hard. To achieve his goals. His dreams.

Soon, he became the Kim Taehyung.

He changed himself. His appearance, his group of friends, his song preference, his clothing styles.

He and his friends bullied Jungkook and Sungmin. Hw bullied Jungkook to that point where he had to change schools, leave Sungmin.

He made sure no one befriends Sungmin. She didn't deserved that, did she?

He changed himself

Why?

To make his little crush realize, Taehyung wasn't worthless. Powerless.

Foolish.

I sighed. Thinking about the past won't make me feel sane. I needed fresh air, I needed space.

So, I kept my distance from Taehyung and his group.

Forever.