Court

Daryls POV

"Son of bitch Merle! How the hell am I gonna find a lawyer for yer sorry ass?! Better yet, how are we gonna afford one?!" Merle sighs. "I know somebody baby brother. Just give 'er a call and tell her it's Dixon...she'll help." I chew on my thumbnail and sigh. "Alright, I'll see ya soon then." I hang up and grab a cigarette, lighting it. I dial the number and it rings a few times before a ladies voice is heard. "Ava Davis speaking, who is this?" I freeze up at the name. Ava used to go to school with me and Merle. She always got us out of trouble...mostly Merle though. "Hello? Anybody there?" I blink out of my daze. "Uh yeah...I'm here. This is Daryl Dixon?" I hear something fall on the other line and get nervous. "Oh my god, Daryl?!" I put my cigarette out and sigh. "Yeah um...my brother said to call you?"

Avas POV

"Yeah um...my brother said to call you?" I sigh and shake my head. "You guys still live in the woods, up that hill?" He's silent for a minute. "Uh yeah?" I go into my room and grab my suitcase, putting it on my bed. "Alright, I'll be there in less than 30 minutes." I hang up before he can say anything and quickly put my shoes on. I grab my suitcase and keys and run out the door, jumping into my car and driving into the woods. *At the house* I pull into the gravel driveway and get out of the car. I shiver at the cold wind and glance down at my outfit. I didn't even bother to change into something else. I'm wearing black yoga pants and a black tank top. I sigh and grab my suitcase, walking onto the porch and knocking on the door. Daryl open the door quickly and I walk inside, going straight to the kitchen and sitting down.

I set my suitcase on the table and open it, pulling out some papers. "Have a seat Daryl, I don't bite." He hesitates before sitting across from me. "So, tell me what happened." He sighs before explaining everything. "Well, you know how Merle can be with women?" I nod. "Misogynistic, surly, violent -" Daryl clears his throat to stop me. "Sorry, continue please." He wipes his hands on his pants, he's nervous. "Well, he was hittin' on this woman outside the bar....well, he thought she was a woman. Turns out she was 18 and sittin' outside the bar waitin' fer her boyfriend to get off work." I nod, realizing that Merle is probably in more trouble than he's ever gotten himself into this time. "Long story short, the guy came out and Merle and him got into a bloody fight. Now he's tryin' ta sue him for hittin' on a minor." I sigh and shake my head.

I pick up the papers and put them back into my suitcase. Daryl looks at me confused. "I'm guessing it's a private court meeting?" He blinks at me with even more confusion. "Yeah, how did you-" I cut him off. "Then I can't solve this with what I know Daryl." His expression quickly turns to anger and he stands up, knocking the chair on the floor. "The hell ya mean you can't solve this?! Yer the best damn lawyer in Georgia!" I sit patiently for him to finish his tantrum and cross my arms over my chest.  "Ya done?" He huffs and picks his chair back up, but doesn't sit down. "Good, now let me explain. The only way for me to help him is to work around the law with things. Meaning...I'm gonna need you to stay here while I go to court. I don't want you there...I can't have you see me like that." He looks at me warily. "Please, just promise me you'll wait here until we come back."

He sighs and nods. "Fine. Thank you Ava, you have no clue how grateful Merle and I are." I smile at him and stand up, grabbing my suitcase and sighing. "Alright, I'm gonna go back home and change. I'll see you after the trail...with your brother." He tenses up as I walk over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and gently squeeze it. I don't say anything else as I leave his house and get into my car. *Back at your house* I put my suitcase on my bed and search through my closet for something to wear other than a suit. I grab a dress and some heels and sigh, shaking my head. I quickly put them on and fix my makeup along with my hair.

 I quickly put them on and fix my makeup along with my hair