Chapter 3

Tiana's p.o.v
~~
"What's up Babygirl?" Emerson walked through the open door and closed it behind him. 

"I just wanted to talk about some things. Come let's go to my room", I left him there to follow me instead of taking his hand like I normally do.

We both settled ourselves on my bed and Em waited for me to say something.

I waited a few moments before I gathered up the courage to ask him the question I've been waiting to ask.

"Ok, Um, I'm gonna get straight to the point here..." I stuttered, which was something that I do when I get nervous and he knew that.

He put his hand on top of mine, "What's wrong baby?" I shook his hand off and moved away from him slightly causing him to frown.

"Um, a-are you cheati-seeing someone else?", I quickly corrected myself knowing we weren't together.

His eyes went wide and he shook his head immediately. "No, no, of course not babe. Why would you think that?" He scooted closer to me and put my small hands in his large one.

I looked down at my lap. Of course he wasn't. I can't believe I was so stupid as to think he was. 

"Well, today you were acting kind of weird and jumpy. And then out of the blue you said you had to leave", I paused. "A-and you don't call me all those cute nicknames like you did before."

I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes. Before they could fall Emerson pulled me into his chest, allowing me to feel his warmth.

"I'm so sorry baby. I didn't know you felt this way. I stopped calling your those names cause I always thought they annoyed you."

I shook my head against his chest. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion."

I heard him laugh softly. "It's ok. In all honesty, I would've thought the same thing if it were you."

That made me feel a little bit better, but not fully.

I pulled away from him and wiped the tears from my eyes. "Do you wanna watch a movie or something now that we're here?"

"Uhhh sure", He hesitated. This is what I was talking about. He's been acting so weird when at the beginning of our..whatever this is, he would never do that.

I grabbed my remote and turned on Netflix while Emerson got comfortable. As soon as I found a movie, I was pulled into his chest again and had multiple kisses laid on my head.

"I'm so sorry again baby", I apologized. I felt like he was upset with me that I thought such a thing. "No, baby, it's ok really. I understand why you thought that."

I nodded and let my mind relax. But, I couldn't. From the middle of the movie all the way through to the end, Em's phone would not stop dinging.

I looked up at him and I saw he looked nervous. I squinted at him and he gave me a shy smile. He quickly grabbed his phone and put it on vibrate.

"Seriously, Emerson, why are being so jumpy?" I pulled away from him and sat up straight in front of him.

"I'm sorry. I swear. I don't mean to come off like that."

Just then I heard my front door open and close. "Hello?" There was no response. It's probably Gabby and Maddie playing games or something.

"Stay right here, I'll be right back", I sternly told Em. He nervously nodded and remained in his place.

As I made my way downstairs and I called out again. "Anyone here?" Just then the person I least expected to me in my home jumped out in front of me.

Zion Kuwonu.

"What the hell are you doing in my house", I questioned shoving him with a single finger to the chest.

He sighed and took a step closer to me. "The door was open. But anyways, listen, I just wanted to say sorry for what I said earlier. I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion and made you angry."

I scoffed and threw my head back. "Thanks. It turns out he wasn't."

He nodded. "Can I talk to him?" I squinted my eyes at him. "What?" "Can I talk to Emerson?"

I rolled my eyes and shrugged my shoulders. "Whatever."  He put his hand on my shoulder and looked into my eyes, making shivers run through me. "I'll be right back", he told me.

I shrugged and watched Netflix on my living room tv.

I noticed that for the whole half hour Zion was up there, it was very quiet. I paused the movie and decided I would go upstairs to see what they were doing. But, before I could go anywhere, Emerson and Zion both came down.

I looked betweeen the two of them confused, and Em let out a sigh. "I'm sorry, Tia, but it's over."

Suddenly, I could feel the tears begging to be let out. I watched as he walked outside with his head hung low. I looked over at Zion.

"What the hell did you do?" I said and he did nothing except look at me sadly. My eyes immediately softened, and I stepped closer to him. "What happened?"

For the first time ever, he stepped closer to me and wrapped his arms around me, bringing me into his chest. "Her name is Christina."