Chapter 2

A/n republish; nothing major, just deleting some parts

-

Hyunjin woke up at 8 AM on the next day and did his morning routine like usual before walking down the stairs and heading to the kitchen.

His father was reading newspaper and his mother just finished placing today's breakfast on the dining table.

Hyunjin's father was a successful business man. But, he always tried to spare his time to have breakfast and dinner together with his family as often as he could. Unlike his mother, his father was not that protective over Hyunjin, especially after he had turned ten.

When Hyunjin was still an elementary student, his father showed him some videos and encouraged him to pick one or some activities that he might like as a hobby.

At that time, Hyunjin picked swimming as his new hobby. However, instead of having him to join into a swimming club, his mother changed the fourth floor of their house to be a swimming pool and provided her son with a swimming trainer.

Hyunjin being Hyunjin, a son that respected and loved his mother a lot, did not complain at all, but feel grateful for what his mother has given to him.

"It looks like we have a new neighbor." His father said in the middle of breakfast.

"I've met the mother yesterday. She has one son, around Hyunjin's age. Her nephew is living with them too."

"That's good. Hyunjin finally have some neighbors around his age and probably can make friend with them too." His father said as he looked at Hyunjin and smiled, the latter just giggled and nodded.

"Why don't you make a cake or something? And Hyunjin can deliver it to them later?"

"Only if my baby helps me to prepare it."

"Since when I don't help you anyway, Mom?" Hyunjin accused playfully, earning a pinch on his left cheek.

>~<

Hyunjin and his mother finished preparing the cake for their new neighbors at 10 AM. His mother kept reminding Hyunjin to be polite for the nth times and he just giggled when his mother kissed his nose.

"Be careful and don't be too long."

Hyunjin just rolled his eyes playfully at his mother before stepping out of his house and heading to his neighbor's.

To say he was nervous was an understatement. He figured out that the one he met last night must be the nephew and he secretly hoped he would be the one who opened the door when Hyunjin visited the house.

Hyunjin took a deep breath and rang the bell. It did not take long until someone swung the door opened.

"Can I help you?"

"Who is it, sweetie?" a female voice asked. Not long after that, a middle-aged woman came into view.

"Ah... I'm... I'm your neighbor. My mother and I made this." Hyunjin stuttered.

"Oh! You must be Hyunjin!"

"Yes... yes I am."

"I've met your mom yesterday and I can see you resemble her a lot." The woman said as she smiled sweetly.

"Oh, this is my son. Hyunjin goes to the same school with you too, Seungminnie."

"Oh hi! My name is Seungmin!" The puppy like boy said cheerfully as he stretched his hand and Hyunjin shook his hand almost immediately.

"I know our house is still messy right now, but come in! Seungmin will show you around and we can have lunch together after that. What do you say?"

In all honesty, his original plan was only to give the cake and went back to his house right away. He was sure his mom wanted him to be at home at lunch time so he did not know what to respond.

"Come on! I'll show you my room." Seungmin exclaimed as he tugged at Hyunjin's shirt, leaving him with no other choices. Hyunjin then stepped in and followed Seungmin.

"Let's go! My room is in the third floor by the way." Seungmin stated while walking up the stairs.

"This room is my cousin's." He said as he pointed at the room near the end of the stairs. "He's a college student, guess he's still sleeping."

Seungmin then walked to his left and got into the first room on his right side. "And this is my room."

He could see that Seungmin was a simple and neat person solely from his room. "Your room is so tidy."

Seungmin smiled. "Thanks."

They then sat on the large grey fur floor carpet next to the bed and got to know each other afterward.

Hyunjin learned that Seungmin was younger than him. He also loved to read and sing. The older did not talk a lot and attentively listen to the younger and only answered when he was being asked.

He was glad that Seungmin did not mind to think and choose the topic of their conversation every time Hyunjin went silent. He felt guilty, though. But, he could not do much since he still has not get used to having someone talked with him.

A sudden knock made both of their heads snapped at the door direction. Hyunjin's cheeks turned pink as he saw who it was and he immediately averted his eyes to his feet.

"Ah, hyung! You should at least put your shirt on!"

Chan chuckled. "Hi, Hyunjin!"

A gasp left out from Seungmin's mouth. "You know him?"

"Yea, we talked last night. Right, Hyunjin?"

There was a teasing tone on his voice and Hyunjin just nodded at that.

"Go take some bath. You stink!" Seungmin yelled, earning another chuckle from Chan.

"I just met you today but I can see your gayness shows up as soon as you look at my cousin." Seungmin snickered after he made sure Chan has left.

Hyunjin's eyes widened at that. He opened and closed his mouth, attempting to say something several times but failing each time. Meanwhile, Seungmin just laughed after seeing the older's reaction, enjoying the feeling of teasing him.