Week four

TW: panic attack
Day 22:
Pain, nothing but pain. He knew naught but torturous slicing pain, pain so great it felt as though each atom of his being was being torn away from him, and split one at a time. Microscopic dissections followed by an explosion large enough to wipe out a continent.

He couldn't, he didn't even know anymore. He didn't know who he was, where he was or if he was even human. He was told pain makes you human, what he wasn't told is that too much can make you insane. Tears slipped down his face unnoticed as he writhed about on his bed, a bed which felt as though it was made of fire, and pain. Fire and pain.

Tearing his body open and filling it with pain in the purest form. A gunshot on patrol multiplied tenfold, a beating from flash now done by giants. Pure crushing emotional torture, a dead uncles grave now surrounded by everyone he knew and loved. The pain snapped his head to the side and he saw an open grave, a whole not filled the name on the stone read 'Peter Benjamin Parker-Stark'. He had not time to react, the pain pushed him from behind he saw the world fall past him as he fell and fell. The world was over run by darkness, he was suffocating. Buried. Then the darkeness took his soul, a helping hand reaching through fire. It pulled him through and his mind was shut off, he had been awake for minutes but it felt like centuries.

None of it mattered now, he was asleep. Being asleep meant he didn't have to face pain, the enemy of humanity.

"Bruce?" Tony sobbed, unable to let go of his kid.

"He's alive tones" Bruce reassured taking the stethoscope away from Peters now still body.

"But how much longer can he last, there are six days left until Loki comes back and that's if he comes back. What if it takes longer? What if he dies in my arms Bruce how could I live"

"Tony we have to trust Loki will come, there's nothing we can do except keep him as comfortable as we can, I know it's hard Tony it's the hardest thing any of us have ever had to face"

"It really is" Tony cried, he was struggling to breathe.

"Tones look at me, we will not lose him. But we have to make sure we don't lose ourselves in the process"

Symptom list:
• chills
• fatigue
• headache
• low-grade fever
• light sensitivity
• dry mouth
• dry cough
• slight blurred vision
• temporary numbness in the limbs
• increased anxiety
• severe nausea
• major insomnia
• touch starved
• stomach cramps
• high-grade fever
• extreme thirst/dry mouth
• slight speech impediment
• extreme restlessness
• severe and crippling exhaustion
• nose bleeds
• difficulty breathing
• syncopal episodes
• auditory hallucinations
• absence seizure
• hallucinations
• seizure
• total body pain

Day 23:
When peter was erupted out of his peaceful sleep the pain was thankfully less intense. That didn't mean it was gone, it just wasn't soul crushing. What was however was the pressure on the front of his head, just above his eyebrows.

He would have passed it off as a headache but it didn't hurt so much. The only thing was the pressure, it felt like his brain was trying to push out past his skull. He needed someone to know he couldn't deal with this. He looked around and saw that Bruce was sitting next to his bed in the chair Tony had been in last week.

"Bru-" his voice cracked, he guessed from the screaming. His throat hurt and when he tried again nothing came out. So he resorted to throwing a pillow at Bruce, or at least that was the plan. His arms were too weak to throw it so the pillow kind of rolled off the bed. It ended up working though because it hit Bruce's foot which woke him up.

"Huh? How are you feeling pete?"

"Pa-" he tried to clear his throat but it hurt too much.

"Ah Shh, you're throat will be sore you screamed a lot yesterday I'll get my tablet" he turned and walked to Peters desk pulling the little black screen off the top. He swiped through a few things before finding what he needed. It was an app for notes but you could write notes instead of typing them.