Signs

The wind carried Jack high into the sky. Each breath he took in was icy and cold. The moon shined brightly before him, and his body boiled with anger. Why wouldn't the moon just give him a sign. A sign as to why he was...like this. Although the air was cold, it didn't really bother him. His frosty white hair blew widely as a gust from the breeze swept through.

Before Jack knew what was happening, he was no longer in America. The wind had carried him far out to sea, and he suddenly knew something was wrong. It was late afternoon, and just moments before the sun had been shining. Jack looked up and saw the sun was blocked out. He could see small flickers of light, through the sand like material blocking out the radiant yellow glare.

"Pitch..." He whispered, his anger only firing even more. I thought he was gone... How is he back?Jack questioned in his mind. Before he knew what was happening, the black sand was surrounding him. Pitch's face appeared, and Jack was consumed in darkness. He saw seven people. They each stood in the darkness, not seeing each other. He tried to yell and scream, trying to get their attention.

They were horrified, he could see why. There were monstrous people, monstrous creatures terrifying them. And in the middle of this chaos, Pitch. He teased them with his vampire-like face in the darkness. They stood far from each other in a line. He heard them speak. Speak each of the important people in their lives. Speak their names.

Jack tried to break from Pitch's grasp, he struggled. "Pitch!" He screamed, trying to help them. The group of evil stood in in front of the seven. Pitch whispered a simple sentence. "Pitch black right?" And they all screamed. Their bodies fell limp, and Jack realized, this was just nightmare to each of them. Each of them lay on darkness, almost as if it were a void.

Pitch created sandy NightMares, and let them fly around the silent bodies. "You see Jack, I have a plan." The brute said, his sand brushing across Jack's face. "I thought you were gone." Jack spat, still struggling against him. "No no, I was growing, Winter Spirit. I came up with something, something great." The silver haired rolled his eyes. "What is your 'oh so great plan'" Jack questioned, slightly curious.

The sand carried Jack down to a very white blonde headed girl. Well, woman. She had long blonde hair tied up in a braided bun. She was very beautiful, but Jack shook it off. "This girl, she is very powerful." Frost raised his eyebrows. "How so?" Pitch laughed. "You'll have to find out." Jack shook his head.

"No. Tell me, who are these people?" The man shrugged. "The thing is, each of them are powerful in their own way. I just can't find where they are. I've been feeding them fear. Making them weak, so they don't find their powers, so they fear their powers. But this one..." Pitch ran his finger across the blondes cheek seductively. "Don't touch her." Jack growled. He didn't know this girl, but she didn't deserve this. A man thousands of years old, molesting her.

"Oh Frosty, I will do as I please. Once she reaches her full potential, I will steal her. She will be mine. Her powers...will make us unstoppable. She will be my queen of Evil...of darkness." Pitch leaned down, inches from her lips. Ready to strike her with a kiss of darkness. "Don't you dare! She is innocent and doesn't deserve this!"

A sinister laugh escaped the boogeyman's lips. "She deserves everything coming for her." Pitch whispered something inaudible. "What did you say?" Jack spat, but he just chuckled. "I said everyone has a fear, Jack...She fears she will always be alone...But not with me." Jack wanted to protest, but a light blinded his vision.

One of the seven, the blonde, laid in front of Pitch, his evil grin still there. Her ridiculously long hair stretched on into the darkness. "This one, she's going to be the hardest, yet the easiest. She knows nothing of the world, nothing of it's dangers." Jack stared at the girl, her beauty radiated towards him, and he longed for her warmth.

But the image of the girl with white-blonde hair came to his mind. She wasn't as warm, but he felt drawn to her. "And yet...her light drains me...she's not nearly as strong as the other." He stared at her child-like face, glowing with light. "Her power...it-it drains you?" Jack questioned, his gaze soon leaving her golden overlay.

"Yes, she is already so powerful, and doesn't even know it." Jack felt a growl start up in his throat. "So that's your plan, use their power to defeat them?" Pitch nodded, pacing on nothing but thin air. "Very good, but they all have power." Soon he was in front of a girl with a head full of fiery red curls. "Can you guess this one?"

He looked at the girl, she had been braver than the others. "Fire?" He guessed, but it was to no avail. "No, this one has the ability to control much of the very earth beneath our feet."
Jacks eyebrows raised. Though, it made sense. She had that aura, the power. And the strong structure of her bones and face reflected her power.

They moved on, to a girl with a face exactly like the white-haired. "And her?" He took a moment to think. "Er...she can speak to animals?" Pitch laughed, and for a moment it felt exactly like that interaction they'd shared in the frozen tundra. A moment of acceptance, no longer alone. But his voice snapped Jack from the memory. "Fire." Confusion rattled him. "Fire?" He had always liked fire, it's warmth made him feel better.

He began wondering if this girl and white haired girl—he couldn't keep calling her that—were sisters. "What was the first girls power?" Jack questioned aimlessly. "They're like yours." Was all pitch stated, before disappearing.

Ice. Snow. She was like him. But how much like him? Realization came to him. That's why he was so drawn to her. Suddenly, he was flashing between each person, noticing their small differences in potential. They each showed their strengths and weaknesses. Then the evil man appeared before him. "I will destroy them all." He spat, then Jack was thrown into the darkness, falling.

-----------------------

The salty cold water of the ocean surrounded Jack, and he heaved for air. His head surfaced for just a moment, and he used this to his advantage. "Wind!" He breathed in as the air pulled him out of the water. Whatever Pitch was trying to do, he would not get away with it.

-----------------------

Jack sat anxiously, his fear consuming him. He had to save these people. These...strangers. His searched his brain for ideas. He wanted to ask the Guardians for help, but her knew they were busy. And of course, why would they care for seven, worthless, weak people. Except, except one thing. One of them wasn't weak, she wasn't worthless.

And like Pitch said, they all had power. All had potential...he had to find them before he did. He would find them. He swore it to himself. "Wind...I'm going to need your help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So sorry I haven't posted in a while, trying to make some progress xD

I know this chapter was short, but I'm already half way done with the next one. It'll come out either tomorrow or Wednesday. I got my favorite book series, The Lunar Chronicles (TLC) for my birthday! EEEE I was so happy. I'm already on the second book, Scarlet, in two days! Finished Cinder yesterday, have one more chapter in Scarlet (which is my favorite btw) then I'm going to Cress. You guys should definitely read it!! Enough of my rambling,

comment, vote, and give me any tips!

seriously, COMMENT

I feel like I'm doing bad when you guys don't tell me stuff! PLEASE tell me how I'm doing! I need the tips! Please please please comment.

Thanks

~Nat