Chilled

The sky was a hazy blue, and Elsa briefly recalled moments when her sister had said things such as, "The sky is awake." She hugged herself and bit down on her lip, pushing the memory away. It would only amplify her pain. She laid down on her back and gazed up at the ceiling. A flurry of snow and ice had formed in the moments of her mourning.

She watched in dull, emotionless awe as the white crystallized water floated down, and ceased to melt in her hand. Elsa held her hands up, gazing at them in curiosity. She often found herself wondering how the small things produced such large amounts of power. Experimenting, she formed a small shape out of the raw force.

The small sculpture of fire was simple, yet it held so much meaning to her. For Elsa, warmth was hard to come by. She continued to work and pick at the object, sketching tiny details in. Her heart was racing as she realized this took absolutely no effort. She closed her hands into tight fists, and the snow dispersed. She took in a deep breath, and closed her eyes.

———————
Jack watched in awe as a skillfully crafted, and very detailed display of fire was created. The frozen queen's eyes were so empty and...lonely. He felt drawn to her in a way that was almost overpowering. She was so lovely. He sighed as the wind let him settle down, and the window seal seemed to hold his body perfectly.

In a burst of realization, Jack immediately called the wind to his aid. Watching a girl sleep, or watching her without her knowing was disrespectful, weird, and downright creepy. He slipped away in a gust of cold breeze as the chilled woman awoke in an instant.
————————

A knock on the door awoke Elsa from her deep slumber. Greta's voice radiated warmth as she carefully slipped a few more books into the room and a good amount of food. And to her surprise, chocolate! "I know it's been rough lately, so I brought you a little treat. I love you dear, call me if I am needed to be of any assistance." The door closed softly and with a sigh, Elsa grabbed her plate carefully. Even with the gloves she was hesitant.

She ate carefully, enjoying the plate of ripe fruits and well cooked chicken. She sighed, knowing her day would be long and uneventful once again. She turned to look out the window and was appalled by a swirl of frost along the seal, rising around the top in twirls of frozen patterns.

She needed to get herself under control. This was unacceptable. Scolding herself mentally, Elsa paced the room, practically wearing a hole in her soft rug as she repeated the same words over and over. Conceal. Don't feel. Don't feel. Conceal it, don't feel it. Don't let it show. Do not let it show.

"DO NOT LET IT SHOW!"
The ice and snow exploded from her and bathed the room in a chill. Elsa crumbled in on herself and began sobbing. The flakes floated and battled against each other. It was a whole other world she'd created. It was pointless to hope for anything other than failure.

She pulled at the hair on her scalp, her bun collapsing on itself and becoming a mess. Streaks of tears ran down her face, only to freeze in the air immediately. She rocked back and forth on her knees, repeating. It didn't help.

——
Her outburst lasted a long thirty minutes. When the snow finally settled, and eventually dispersed, Elsa was quick to build a fire, to try and warm the room up a bit more. She was surrounded by a cloud of self doubt and hatred. Harmful words echoed and bounced around in her mind.

Useless. Dangerous. Worthless. Monster. Harmful. Scary. Unwanted. Unloved. Reckless. Careless. Unreasonable. Unsupportive. Unhelpful. Burden.

Over and over they repeated. A chant, and song, a burden. But she shut them out. She remembered and repeated simple points in what he father said to her the day he left, "Elsa, remember, you have a responsibility to uphold. If your mother and I are ever to disappear, you are the next ruler of Arendelle. We believe in you, and love you, Elsa. But remember your responsibilities as future queen."

Responsibility. Queen. Ruler. Believed in. Believed. Loved. Loved. Past tense, not present. She sighed and finished her food. She looked down at the porcelain plate and slowly slipped off her glove. Delicately she held the plate, weighing it in her hand as the ice slowly spread. And in a simple, small movement, she dropped the frozen plate. It shattered. Everywhere.

The glass somehow found its way into her dress and had cut into the skin on her thighs. She winced in pain and carefully, strategically, pulled the tiny shards away. The blood slowly sliding down her legs sent Elsa into a panic. She immediately froze the wounds, and the blood. It broke away from her skin as soon as she stood up. The pain was extremely excruciating, and as she crumbled on her soft bed, Elsa wondered what had come over her.

After a few minutes she cleaned the mess up, checking for stains or extra pieces of glass. She found none. After the confusing and slightly traumatic experience, she decided she'd stay away from glass plates for a little while.

——————
It felt like hands. Hands grazing over her nightgown. A weight beside her as she slumbered, a dark voice whispering. She was unable to move, pinned by a dark force. And that voice she mentioned? The only thing it said was...You're mine. Don't fret. I'll take good care of you darling, just stay quiet.
Elsa awoke with a shudder, her breath ragged, sweat sliding down her back and forehead. She immediately lit a candle and looked around the room. Shadows scattered across the walls, but she saw nobody. Though her eyes were unable to detect anything, she had the bone chilling feeling that she was being watched.

She wasn't able to sleep anymore that night.

————————
Hello fellow readers! I have not posted in...probably a year! This is insane and I cannot believe it's been this long. I hope you guys can jump back into my story and enjoy it like before! Cya in the next chapter.
Btw I'm working on a new cover!

~Nat