8| Chased

Este's POV

As soon as we reached the mall, Cora passed a pair of glasses and a mask to me, while wearing one herself without glasses.

Driver Parked the car in the parking and Cora went out, to scan the place for me and then signaled me when the coast was clear.

I went out. We both nodded at each other as soon as we heard shuffling near the car parked behind us. We went forward into the parked cars, then gave each other a soft nod followed by a swift move ducking in front of the cars opposite to each other, when we scanned the place was devoid of surveillance.

Just then a shadow emerged, alarming both of us to put the safety off of our gun's. As soon as the person came forward, Cora pulled her leg in front causing the aforementioned to fall forward. I flipped him over to see the person's face. I couldn't recognize the face and Cora asked him "Who had sent you?".

She punched him right in his nose which was already chiseled due to the sudden fall as soon as the answer was "Neumann".

I went beside his head and caught the hold of his hair and banged his head in the pillar next to the car parked on my side and asked, "Why are you following us, is that how you treat you guests?". These mafias should be actor, 1st they invite like their party can never be alive without our presence and then these tricks. Gavino need to man up and face us, but tomorrow surely will be his last day, no matter what he does today.

"Please don't kill me, I was just asked you to harm as much as I can, accordingly I was promised to be paid", he said pleading.

"That prick priced me for his clowns", I roared and twisted his neck towards right side, while groaning through teeth. Dropping the limped body of the man on the ground, I walked towards the car.

Cora cleaned her knuckles that were stained by the person's blood. In the mean time I told the driver and told him to get rid of the body and leave.

After getting the dress for me for tomorrow's party, we headed towards the exit. There was the sports car I always wanted to drive but, obviously, Cora will as usual.

"Can I drive?", I asked with much of hope.

"Fine but drive safely", she said in a monotone.

"yeeeeeep!!!!!", I screamed and hopped in the driver's seat as smoothly as I could. No matter how much fun I have with knifes and ammo's but the adrenaline rush due to speeding car is just beyond any pleasure.

"Get ready to fly, Cora!", I exclaimed, staring the engine and getting those fascinating controls in my hands.

As soon as we were out of the parking, the speed was enough to awake the hairs at the back of Cora's neck.

"Easy, Este, easy!", she tried to stop.

But I was too engrossed to even care. I pushed the accelerator and drove more swiftly, overtaking the cars that were in the way.

I was enjoying just when Cora got call and her she was in her alert. She got her gun out and turned around in her seat within the belt. Curled into a ball on the seat and look in the back as there was just one other car other than ours on the deserted road.

"We are being chased, and we cannot fire in any expectation to win. There might me more of them near here and we have no help. Also their car seems to be bulletproof and we even don't even have bulletproof jackets in this car." , she said still watching every action of the SUV following us

"So what are we supposed to do?"

"Lose them.", she said nonchalantly.

"Are you sure?"

"Drive as your life depends upon it, and it does." she said alarming me.

I took two deep breaths, pressing the accelerator, putting the gears and dove as straight.

There was turn, I almost lost my heartbeat while taking that sharp turn, causing Cora to fall on her side while helping herself by the handle above the window of her seat.

I saw the T-point where there were two trucks crossing each other in the other two direction , other than mine, I glanced at the rear view mirror and saw same car following us.

"You can do this." Cora said boosting my confident.

One truck were positioned to cross each other, while one was going towards the left and the other going coming towards its direction i.e. its right, second truck was covering 60% of the 1st one. I drove towards my left and then passing the front of second at the speed of light, I went straight with the 1st one.

I sighed in relief after when I almost forgot to breathe for few seconds. But that car was not ready to leave us today. I took all the turns which were followed by the car, just then I found a car parking and I took the risk, went inside and parked it inside and then dropped my weight under the steering, breathing heavily.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thank you so much for 400+ reads.

I hope you are enjoying my story as much as I am.

Make sure you vote if you like my story.