9| Met again

Next day

Este's POV

So it is the day, I have planned today, whole time I was in Sicily.

We got ready and left for the venue.

Someone else's POV

So I finally made it to Korea in such a short notice. I just hope as per the Boss's hints , I will find some clue about her.

I have spent thousands on informants and hours on hacking into their system and even took the risk to visit their hideout in Chicago by myself but the Underground Sicilian remained as elusive as a ghost and the traces she had left were on the corner of cliff that led into nothingness.

As soon as I met my father and brother in their hotel, they handed me a bag of clothes to change into. And after getting ready we left for the venue.

I don't know why my heart was just not at ease for some unignorable reason. My instincts were that something big is going to happen. That big better be good or not.

I sighed and plopped in the car with my family, and yes my father is my Boss. It's good to say Boss otherwise, he gets too fatherly and invest in my love life which I being a man in 20's is not sure himself. Only if he knew about the girl I met on plane. Thinking about which I snorted.

"What's with snort, some memory? Share with us son." Father asked.

"Just something not that important, Boss", pressuring the word Boss. Why don't he understand I don't want him to interfere?

"Do you like any girl, son. Now that your brother will be married, next is your turn.", he asked completely ignoring my previous statement causing me to poke my inner cheek.

I smiled on her image In my memory but with contempt I faced my father with no emotions and said, "Nope." Wishing my small talks will discourage him to ask any further questions but resulted in only fueling even more.

Last weapon was my earphones that I used and got saved. After all these years in the University away from the family, I can't just get jolly in a minute when the conversation I had were only about the spying assignments or the intrusion in my personal life.

Este's POV

We arrived at the venue and entered as my hand engulfing my father's left hand and mom's loosely hanged around Massimo's arm. Wearing a faux smile we made our way towards the host of the party, Gavino Neumann.

The smile plastered on his face couldn't hide the news he must have got from the microphone inserted on the collar of the dress piece worn by uncle yesterday. Yesterday, he lost his partner and got the news about his beloved jet. A fact about Gavino is his love for his vehicles was beyond any female affection he had. He has a collection of best and fast cars which are his most important possessions and some bikes too.

How his gaze and his body got stiffened as soon as he saw us approaching him. As soon as Massimo smirked, he was about to fall on his knees as they parted a little due to being wobbly as fear might have rushed through his spine . My father smiled at me in contentment and that made my heart swell.

Everyone was staring at us as we are the Villani's and some were happy as they finally discovered who was the Underground Sicilian as everyone already knew Massimo as Villani's son, well except for me. Some even scrunched their nose in disgust on realization that the child is girl. Oh lord of cats, grow up!

"Mr. Abree Villani", Gavino extended his hand for my father as soon as we reached him.

"Mr. Gavino Neumann", my father said while pursing his lips in a tight smile which returning the gesture offered.

"Nice party Mr. Neumann, but you didn't mention the reason behind it." Massimo said in his formal voice.

"Oh! There is a big announcement I wanting to do for so long now." Gavino said casually.

He excused himself while leaving us there, that's when I realize the song was Middle of the night by Monsta X.(A/N Judge me, I like k-pop)

"Let the party begin, grab yourself a mask of your choice and sink in to the dance floor."

We all chooses the masks and went to the dance floor.

"Now all the gorgeous ladies make a circle and all the gentlemen form a line"

All the ladies giggled and squealed like they are back to their prom. I remembered mine fresher's with Dontello and it was amazing. Wait, I forgot to tell him where I am, he must be looking for me, poor soul he is, I just hope they are not picking on him.

Soon all the men were leading the path in front of the circle made by ladies making another circle covering the earlier on its outline.

As soon as a stranger was standing in front of me, "Now greet your company of today's event, gentlemen and ask them if they want to dance with you."

The stranger was built just like Dontello. Huge shoulder and with lean body but muscles running all over. And the fact he was dressed in a smooth black pants and a burgundy jacket which was a stroke of a genius that made the person looked like a pressumed celebrity who graced mere mortals with his presence. I don't know why he was just reminding me of Dontello but the mask and spot light that only on enlightened in the centre of the circle didn't do justice with my observation.

He offered me his hands which I without hesitation grabbed. He stretched left leg behind his posture and bowed and pecked back of my hand, making the electricity passed through my veins. "May I have the pleasure to dance with you?." He asked ever so softly making me believe that he was Dontello, my D.

"Yes." I slightly changed my voice, not ready yet to let him discover the truth.

Dontello POV

Why do she seems familiar. The light illuminating on her made her appear like an angel on the earth. Though I wasn't able to even see her mask clearly. But her blue dress that ended on her knee and appreciating that petite body was reminding me of someone. And her lean muscles were surely reminding me of her.

I wish she was really Este. Only I know how much I have been restless in these days, not able to find Underground Sicilian and then she got kidnapped and I couldn't even save her because of my 'helpless boy act'.

Nevertheless I asked her and she said yes, but that was voice was familiar.

My one hand made its way to her waist and other caught the hold of her hand. She placed her another hand over my shoulder. We stared each other in eyes, as soon as lights came up and revealing that her mask covered most of her face but her eyes were enough to make me realize, that she is the girl I have liked for two years of my University. She was Este.

------------------------------------

A/N

Finally Dontello is here.

Make sure you vote if you like this and give your feedbacks too.

Thank you for reading.