19| Old relation

Booker POV

Clock was ticking and so was my heart. As much as I wanted to run away from here, so that I didn't have to kill anyone, the much more I wanted to stay and back others here. I would do anything that costs to stay here and support them. The way Este has braced me was just unreal.

Mo was just as usual always over the heels to save me. When we used to meet each other, I knew he is involved in something like this, where there is uncertainty of life, at that time I tried my best to forget him and just move on.

But destiny made is difficult and we just kept meeting again and that too in such situations where we couldn't even leave each other. This had made us to stick with each other. And we fell hard for each other. Fuck! Damn hard!

Then one time when I was in danger because of him, not exactly because of him, his enemy kidnapped me and he came as my knight in shining armour and that incident made me lose my pinky toe but after that I got him. After that day he loathes the time when am in any kind of distress or danger, therefore he started to teach me moves and guns.

Now my life without him would be lifeless, as purely romantic and sweet it sounds, exactly opposite kind of relationship is shared by us. I would never be able to explain what this man has done to me, for me and with me. This is not my dialogue but a novel which Mo only bought for me. No matter what happen, one thing I was sure that he is not going to leave me in any of the circumstances and there no one better for me other than him.

"Buk! Mimmo! Buk! Mimmo!" my thoughts were interrupted by chants of Donny from inside and I could sense Mo's nose flaring on being called 'Mimmo', he had told me that no one else is allowed to call in that not even me. Rascal will never admit that he likes it as how his eyes twinkles before that crowning frown.

I went inside and Mo followed my lead after checking on people present there. I was welcomed with frown on my brother's face.

"What?" I asked him.

"I want to come outside." He sounded.

"Why?" Massimo asked him.

"Because I want to see Gavino dying." He muttered.

"How?" I asked me.

"What is this, 20 questions? Just get me out on a wheel chair." He whined like a baby.

"Brat!" I said to him and turned towards Dr Dorris, "Can we take him?"

"Yeah! Sure lemme get the wheelchair ready for him." Dorris said almost squealing by showing his million dollar smile which was showing his solace as he was being freed from this brat.

I took the hold of wheel chair which had a cushion for his back. Dr. whispered a thank you in my ear, while Mo was threatening Donny for calling him Mimmo. I picked him again, though he hate being picked as it hurts his male ego of being carried like a feather. He hissed but didn't protest as he really wanted to go out.

We entered the Dungeon place and my senses left me as soon as, Abree Villani came into sight, talking to Este and the look on her face was unreadable. Auggie was not in the room, Gavino was a little awake given by his open eyes, Gavino's son was more afraid, to a point that he was shivering, I caught him staring at Mo but other didn't even paid a heed to it. Not that I was insecure but something tickled my thoughts.

Just then I felt a hand squeezing my shoulder and I didn't need help to recognise his scent. His touches always help me out of my misery.

They turned towards us and Mo went a little away from me to avoid any questions from his father.