chapter 3

I woke up and i was still at hayes house. everyone else had left except me. i was laying on the couch. i got up and went to the bathroom. i was wearing hayes sweater. everyone was still asleep so i checked my phone. when i opened it i saw that i had a new contact. it was hayes. because everyone was still sleeping i didnt want to wake them up. so i texted hayes " hey. i had a really great time. i need to go back home to see if my dad made it back." and with that i left. i lived 2 houses down so it didnt take me that long to get back home. when i got back home the moving van was there. along with.... my step moms car.  i hate her. she is so mean to me. of course when she is around my dad she pretends to love me. but as soon as he leaves she turns into a devil. i slowley opened the door trying not to make any noise so i could avoid talking to her. but the door squeaked and i saw a head pop out if the kitchen. it was her. (just incase you were wondering her name is melinda). my dad must have been there to because she ran up to me saying " Brook! i missed you so much!" she hugged me then let go to brush herself off. i said " yep. missed you to!" in a sarcastic tone. she gave me a glare and i shot one right back. its not like i have to respect her. she is 21 for godsake. i went up stairs and went to take a shower. while i was in the shower i was replaying last night. was hayes really sorry? were things going to work out between us?

after the shower i changed and sat down on my bed with my phone. i was looking through instagram when i saw that i was tagged in 5 photos and that i had 2000 follow requests. i looked at all of the pictures they were from the guys. but the one that stood out to me the most was the one from hayes. his caption was " had so much fun with you tonight. im glad we straightened things out" and then a kissy face. i smiled and liked the photo. then i got a text from hayes. it said " hey you wanna hang out today? we could go to the mall or something? we would have to walk though because my brother is hanging out with the guys." i couldn't  stop smileing. i probably looked so stupid. wait why was i smileing? did i like hayes? no.no. just friends. just friends. i replied saying " ya sure. when so you wann go?" he replied fast saying " now if you  want. im ready." i replied saying sure. i will be out in a sec," i quickly put my hair in a fish tail braid then slid into my crop top that said " do it for the vine " then i put on my mint green shorts and white vans. then i heard a knock at the door. i went down stairs and of course my step mom gave me a dirty look. i opened the door and walked out side. hayes was wearing a blue tank and some kahki shorts with nike socks and vans. we started walking. he said " so... you still like to play vollyball?" when i was a kid i played vollyball alot. but now im into cheer. not like the side line type of cheer but the allstar world. im really competitive. i said  " no not anymore. now im into cheer and stuff like that" he smiled and said " so are you gonna try out for the cheer team at school?" i said  " im not sure. im not really into the side line cheer. but is you play foot ball then i could cheer you on." wait why would i say that? friends dont join the cheer team just to cheer them on? he laughed and said " i would like that alot. most of the cheerleadrs think they are the best. when they cant even do a cartwheel. i mean i cant hardley do i cartwheel but i think its time for someone to show them up. your pretty good right? i didnt want to come off bragging, i was on a level 4 team because i only had my layout. i said " well im good but im not the best." he laughed. then for a moment we made eye contact and held it there. we kept walking and looking into each others eyes for a while. then he reached over and grabbed my hand. thats it i cant help pushing it away any more. im just gonna let it happen. i was falling in love with hayes grier.