chapter 20

** HAYES POV**

i was looking for brooke when all of the sudden a girl ran into me. her nose was bleeding and she looked like she was crying. i held her and said " oh my god are you ok? what happened?" it took her a while to collect her self but when she finally did she said " it was brooke. i-i was just trying to use the restroom and she punched me. i dont know what i did but she punched me!"

i couldnt belive it. why would brooke do something like that? i dont know what i am feeling right now. ander or dissapointment. mabey even both. was she jelous of my fans? i didnt care. i tooke the girl to the nurse and all the guys came. 

they were asking what had happened and she told them. the were all mad and shocked. everyone except matt. he just stood there. he didnt show any emotion. he didnt even say anything. i dont know what is wrong with him. he had been acting weird latley.

we were all trying to comfort the girl until brooke walked out of the bathroom. it looked like she had a faint black eye. she saw us and we all looked at her. i could tell that she knew that we found out. i just shook my head in disbelife. she tried to walk over to us but we all walked away with the girl. she looked at me but i ignored her. how could she be such a bitch?

** BROOKES POV**

i cant belive they actually belived her. including hayes. and it hurt that he just ignored me. what a dick. i felt some one tap my shoulder. it was matt. he gave me a smile and said " are you ok?" 

i couldnt help it. i bursted into tears. he pulled me into a hug and i cryed into his shoulder. he said " dont worry. i didnt belive her. i know that you would never do something like that." i smiled and said " thanks matt. for everything. your always there for me."

then he said " hey, lets go to a movie. mabey that well help you clear you mind." i agreed and we both walked to the movies.

** AFTER THE MOVIE BACK AT THE HOTEL**

the movie was really fun. well i mean i fell asleep half way and the other half i cried, but i enjoyed having matt there. he comforted me and made me feel better. i began to develop a feeling about him. and this time i wasnt going to stop it. i was lsowely begining to tell that matt might like me. and i may like him back.

when we got back to the hotel i got into my room. hayes was waiting. when he saw me walk in he got up and shoved me against the wall. he yelled " how could you do something like that? she was a fan!"

i was scared. i mean hayes used to be like this when he would bully me. but now he is stronger. his punch could damn well kill me. i tried to explain by saying " hayes... you dont und.." but then he cut me off by saying " oh no. i do understand. you just got so jelouse that you punched and innocent girl. what the hell is wrong with you? you know what. im done. i regret getting back together and i wish you never came to that meet and greet!"

and with that he stormed out of the room. i was left there. broken. nothing left. i only had one more person that i could run to. matt. i was running to his room. opened his door a crack and i saw him and some girl makingout. Well. now i have no one.

i stumbled back words and fell. i balled up and started crying. i didnt know what to do now. i walked back to my room and went onto the balcony. i saw the guys walking away from the hotel with the girl. they were walking to the mall.

thata when i got the idea. thats when i got the courage. 

i put one foot over the rail. then another. the only thing that was holding me was my weak arms. there was no turning back now. once they were gone i closed my eyes and went over every memory i had. then when i was done........ i jumped.