chapter 16

**2 years later**

When hayes said he would never let me go it didn't last long. The day after he told me that I got a call from my dad saying I was moving to California with my aunt.

I cry ed for 2 dates straight. Hayes teared up a bit but he only let on tear fall.

Now I'm in California. I picked up surfing. It is really fun. When I first moved here my aunt (26) surfed. She got me into it. It was the only place where I could get hayes off my mind . But the rest of the time he was constantly on it.

I had just gotten back from surfing with my friends mike, Jenna , and aron. I checked twitter and saw a picture that hayes posted. He was kissing another girl.

The caption said " she is mine!"

It stung. But I was happy that he moved on. Now I needed to move on. Jenna must have seen my face because she asked what was wrong.

I said nothing but she knew that I was lieing.

She said " this isn't about hayes is it? Just move on from him!"

It hurt but it was the truth. I nodded and said good bye as we parted out ways. When I got back home my cousin (17)(lilly) grabbed me by the shoulders and said " I have some big news!!!!"

I said what in an annoying tone and she said " so you know those guys you used to hang out with all the time in North carolina? Well they are back on tour and we are going to see them tommrow. The come here !!!"

I didn't say anything at first. I didn't really want to see hayes. Or any of the guys. It will just be a repeat of what happened when I moved back to nc.

But I guess I had no choice. I just went up to my room and showered and got in bed. I decided to text hayes just so I could make tommrow a bit less pain ful.

H= hayes

B= brooke.

B: hey. It's me brook!

H= Umm who?

B= brook you know the girl you dated before I moved.

H= sorry. I don't remember. I think you have the wrong number.

I just set my phone down as my eyes began to water. Then I whispered " what happened to never let to letting go.?"

** the next day**

My cousin woke me up and dragged me out of bed. I knew there was no getting out of this one so I just went ahead and got ready. I hade a mint green crop top with white high waisted shorts.

My hair had grown much longer than when hayes last saw me. Before it was at my shoulders and now it is and my butt.

After battling with my hair I finally got it to a some what good state. I went down stairs and Lilly was already in the car.

I walked out and sat in the front seat. She was jamming out to Shawn Mendes. I loved him and the way that he sang... it just brought back so many memories.

When we got to the convention center the parking lot was flowing with people and cars. This was Goin to be be a long day.

When we got in the convention room lilly ran to get in line to take pictures with nash and she dragged me with her.

" shit " I mumbled under my breath. I knew that hayes and cam would be there. And let's just say that me and cam did not leave on a good note. We got into some fight where we would scream at each other. I hadn't talked to him since.

We were almost up and I was panicked. I was trying to find away to get out of it. But before I new it the photographer said next and Lilly pulled me up there.

At first I tried not to make eye contact with him. But it was no use I got lost in his eyes. Then I tilted my head down so he couldn't see.

Then I felt his finger lift my chin up.

" brooke?" He said in a shake tone.

I looked up at him and smiled. I really wanted to cry. My eyes started watering so I wiped them and walked away. He tried to call my name but I didn't look back.

When we were pretty far lilly said that we were staying at a hotel and that she had already packed mystuff. I just nodded and sat in the back and laid down.

When we got to the hotel I felt like swimming. So I put on my bathing suit and dived in. I was swimming around until I felt some one jump in. Then another person the more. I looked up and saw Lilly. And the rest of the magcon guys. They were splashing each other. They didn't see me yet so I slowly swam to the stairs. Just before I was out I heard a voice call my name.

I slowly turned around because I knew that I had been caught. I saw Hayes with his arm around some girl. Probably his girlfriend. Nash called my name again. I just gave a weak smile and looked at Lilly. She looked confused.

I don't think I ever told her about what had happened before I left. I looked at cam. He saw me look at him and he quickly turned away acting like he was mad. I rolled my eyes and got out. I went to the elevator.

The doors were about to close until a hand stoped it. It was Hayes. He stepped in the elevator. I didn't look at him.because I knew that if I did I would cry. He lifted my chin with his finger. I brushed his hand away.

He said " Brooke? What is wrong? I thought you would be happy to see me again? I'm happy to see you?"

I looked at him and said " ya. I thought I would be happy to. But i was wrong."
He looked mad. He said " what did I do to you? We haven't seen each other in 2 years!"

Then I said " Hayes it's not your fault! It's mine! You don't understand and I don't feel like explaining because you don't feel that way anymore."

Then the elevator doors opened before I left he grabbed my arm and pulled me close and kissed me.

Boy did I miss this kid. I felt sparks . The he said " who said I ever stopped loving you?"