chapter 15

**Brooke's POV **

Hayes caught me and I just looked at him. It was like I was falling in love again. But I couldn't. He already had a girl friend.

He stood me up and said to Nash " where will she be sleeping. She can't sleep in my room because Alex is sleeping with me."

My heart sank and I said " its no problem I can just sleep out her on the couch." Nash said OK and hayes sat on the couch.

It was awkward so I just sat on the couch across from him. I took out my phone and was on twitter until I got a text from hayes.

It said " I don't want you here. My girlfriend is here"

I scoffed. If wants to start playing that game then 2 can play. He isn't the only one that can be a dick.

"I'm here because I have to be here. I would never want to stay where you live."

Then he texted back saying " why don't you just kill yourself? No one wants you here anyway."

The I got up from the couch and threw my phone down and said " I never cheated on you! OK! What the hell do you want from me? Why did you change?"

I ran down the hall to the bathroom. While I was on my way there I bumbed into a girl. It was probably Alex. She gave me a smile but I didn't return it. I just locked my self in the bathroom.

Why was hayes acting like this. I never cheated on him by now he would have found that out. I mean its not like I told him that already. But why was he so cruel?

Like he used to be.

**hayes POV**

I had to be mean to her. When I went back to school my friend said that if I keep hanging our with her and being nice to her that I couldn't be popular any more.

I mean she hates me already so what's the use of being nice to her any more.

After she ran to the bath room Alex cane out to sit next to me. Then one of my football friends came through the front door saying " I'm home!"

I jumped up and high five him. He didn't really knock anymore. I mean he is here all the time any way.

Then brooke came out of the bathroom. She looked like she had been crying. I have to push back all my feeling for her. We can't be friends anymore.

Then Ryan( my friend) said " ugh Hayes? What is that slut doing here?"

Then I said " umm her uhhhhh dad had to leave for work on a trip so she has to stay here. I didn't want her to."

She looked up at me then grabbed her phone and went in the kitchen. Then I heard Ryan making a plan about how we were going to beat her up tonight. J couldn't say no so I just said ya sure.

*that night **

**Brooke's POV**

I was walking from the bathroom because I really had to go. It was dark in the house so I had to feel my way around. Then before I reached for the door a pair of hands covered my mouth and pulled me into a room.

It was hayes friend Ryan. They were all in the room. He turned on the lights and smirked at me.

He said " why do keep trying to get hayes back? Your a little slut. Hayes would never date you"

Then he punched my gut. And I fell to the floor. He began to kick me then hayes joined in. Then Alex.

Then hayes said " what's that in you pocket huh?"

Then he reached in my pocket and pulled something out.  It was the locket that I saw in my dream.

Hayes opened it and his eyes gly wide and I saw tears forming. I stood up and snatched from his hands.

Then I threw it on the ground and stepped on it and broke it. Then I looked around his room and saw that he still had the pictures of us framed on his wall.

One by one I plucked them of the wall and broke them. When I was done I felt so good.

I went right up to him and slapped him in the face. Then I pushed pass Ryan and ran down the stairs.  I walked out the back door and darted for the woods.

Once I made it in I knew where I was going to go. I was going to go to my old tree house . once I got there I climbed up the old ladder.

When I walked in I saw mine and hayes name carved into the walls. I saw a stick and began to scratch them out. You could say that I as turning into one of those exes. Or you could say I was finally set free.

When I was done I sat down by the window.  Why did I have to meet him?

All he did was turn my life into hell.

I was up there for quite a while until I heard she one crying. I looked out the window and saw hayes walking up to the ladder like he was about to climb in.

Shit. I muttered under my breath. I was panicking until I tripped over something.  It was a box that said " you might need this you might not." I opened it and inside was a gun.

All I could think about was how the hell did we get a hold of the gun. I picked it up looked at it. I had completely forgot that hayes was coming up until it was to late.

He looked up at me and saw the gun. Then he ran to me and kicked the gun out of my hand. The he hugged me.

Boy did I miss his hugs. But did he think I was actually going to kill myself.

Then he kissed me. I was shocked at first. But then I felt the sparks. Those same sparks that I felt the first time that we kissed.

Then he said " I'm not letting you go this time."

I managed to get out a smile and hugged him back. I missed him. This was the hayes that I missed.