Chapter 11 - What Has Come Over Me?

I've been couped up in my room for the past three days. Dimitri slid a note under the door that said that I didn't have to work this week. Thank God. I don't know when I'll be able to face him after what happened between us. What did happen between us? One minute I was fearing for my life when I saw him standing in front of me. Next thing I know, we're nose to nose, almost about to kiss. Then I came back to my senses and all of my old feelings, like hate and fear, came rushing back. But for that brief moment, I felt like something. I felt as if we were meant for each other. There was this sensation that was pulling me towards him, like a magnetic pull. And I couldn't fight it. I didn't want to fight it.

    I sit on my window sill, staring out unto the ripples of mountains. I want so desperately to be back at home. To feel the warmth of my mother's hugs. To hear the laughter of my friends. But that's all gone now and is never coming back. I should have cherished those moments when I had the chance. But it's far too late now. My life for now on is here in Italy as a vampire prince's slave.

    A light knock on the door interrupts my thoughts as I turn my head in the direction of the door, tensing up as I see Dimitri poke his head in. "May I come in?" he asks.

    I shrug and look back out the window.

    His foots steps come closer and closer to me until I can feel him lingering over me. He lays down a dress and a box of shoes in my lap, making me look up at him in confusion. I instantly regret it because I get a fluttering feeling in my stomach.

    "What's this for?" I ask.

    "My parents are having dinner at their house and I want to bring you."

    "No thanks."

    He sighs, obviously frustrated, and runs his hand through his hair. "Corey, I don't have time for this. You're going. End of discussion."

    I open my mouth to argue, but he shuts me up when he glares at me. "Whatever," I say, looking down at the dress.

    Holding it up, I gasp.

    The fabric is a silky white, getting tighter as it goes down to the lower waist and hugs the thighs. The bust line is beaded with a beautiful array of  silver gems with a black outline. It's actually in the shape of a bra. Pretty skimpy for a dinner party.

    I look up at Dimitri and see a smirk playing on his lips. God, those lips. "Don't you think that this is a little raunchy for a family dinner?"

    "Ehh. Not really. I like it."

    "Of course you do. You get to stare at me in it."

    He bites his lip and winks me, the gesture making me go crazy. I shake my head and focus my attention on the box. Opening it, I pull out a gorgeous silver red bottom heel. It shimmers in the sunlight, almost blinding me. "These are gorgeous," I gasp.

    "I knew you'd like them," he says. "And please take care of them. They're made out of diamonds."

    I almost drop the shoe at the mention of diamonds, earning a slight frown from Dimitri. "Thanks," I say.

    He nods and smiles, making me smile a little. "Start getting ready. Dinner begins at eight."

    Oh. My. God. This dress is the sluttiest thing that I've ever worn.

    It hugs me tightly by my waist and thighs. The bra portion has my boobs pushed up a mile high. My butt pokes out. The dress is very short and form fitting. It exsposes every single curve that I have. I hate Dimitri so much for picking out such a revealing dress. I don't want his parents thinking that I'm some kind of prostitute. But oh well. There's nothing that I can do about it now.