Chapter 7 - Happy Birthday

Hey guys. Sorry for taking such a long to upload another part. I'll try to post as often as I can. But enjoy :)

Dimitri leads me to the kitchen at the end of the hall. Pushing open the heavy mahogany doors, I'm ambushed by the heavenly aroma of the appetizers. Trays and trays of them line the walls to my lefts, and a variety of drinks to my right. My mouth waters, the realization now coming to me that I haven't eaten anything since the whole incident.

"Grab a tray of appetizers and a tray of beverages, then report to the ballroom," Dimitri says. "Come in here once you start to run out."

"Yes, master," I say.

He turns around and walks out of the kitchen, but then abruotly turns around and says, "Find me at 10:30."

I nod and he leaves. Turning around, I grab a tray of crostini and another of bellinies then walk out of the kitchen.

I stare up at the tall ballroom doors and begin to shake. I fear that I might embarrass myself and drop the trays. On top of that, I'm about to be surrounded by vampires. My slutty outfit doesn't make the situation any better. I breathe in and out then push the doors open.

The ballroom is full of women in elaborate gowns and men in fancy suits. They all look as if they've stepped out of the 18th century and into the present. I feel out of place in my laced up corset, ripped leggings, and lace heels. A lot of male eyes fall on me. They smile seductively, fangs exposed. A lump fills the back of my throat and my knees tremble.

"Just walk around and don't make eye contact with anyone."

I jump and turn around to see a tall male figure tower over me. His features are strikingly similiar to that of Dimitri's. But it's not Dimitri.

"Sorry," he says. "Did I startle you?"

I nod and he smiles.

"My apologies. Please. Allow me to help you."

"Oh no," I say. "It's alright. I got it."

"I've never seen you around here. And I'm pretty sure that I wouldv'e remembered a beautiful face like yours. Are you new?"

I nod.

He snakes his head and laughs. "Typical. Dimitri always gets bored of his old slaves. How much did he spend on you?"

I think for a minute. "About $450,000."

His eyes grow huge in shock. "Wow. Dimitri's never payed that much. You must be special. Tell me-" he steps a little bit closer to me. "Are you pure?"

"Pure? I'm not sure what you mean."

He lowers his nose down towards my face and smells me. A smile that makes me uncomfortable creeps upon his face. "A virgin," he says. "You're just what I need."

By the grace of God, Dimitri waltzes over and interrupts us. "Corey," he says. "What are you doing? You're supposed to serve the guests."

I shrink back a little. "I'm sorry, master. I..."

He averts his gaze from me and rests his eyes on the guy in front of me. "Daniel," he says.

"Hello brother," Daniel says.

Holy shit. They're brothers? Well, I guess that I should've picked that up earlier because they look almost similar.

"What are you doing here?" Dimitri hisses.

"What? Did you expect me to just pass up my brother's birthday patry? C'mon. You know me better than that Dimitri."

Dimitri's jaw clenches and his fists ball up. "Don't bother my slaves."