bonfire nights

—————The day of the fair was today

—————
The day of the fair was today. Before the boys left I had seen them getting into the car on my way to work.
"Cmon Carl, bin off work! Come to the fair with us, you know you want to" Arthur yelled at me when he saw me coming. "Maybe next time Arth, yeah?"
"Don't forget our date Scar!" John and I planned to go either see a picture or just go grab a drink just the two of us. He apparently had a lot to say of things to run by me. "I wouldn't miss it for the world John!"

I looked up to Tommy who was sat behind the steering wheel. I gave him a knowing nod which he returned. Today he started war with the Lees.
He planned to meet up with Johnny Dogs, was going to see him about a horse. Somehow he would then cause trouble. I trusted him to make it happen. He invited me along and even though I was tempted I didn't want to overly expose myself to people, I'm still trying to lay low for the meanwhile.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~

Inspector Campbell was the biggest prick I'd ever come across. In the midst of my shift a lot of upset customers had been and gone, the bastard only went and raided every ones home and the pubs under the Shelbys protection. I would've said he had some balls but then again he waited for the boys to be out of town to make a move. What a bitch. A smart bitch though, telling everyone Arthur had agreed to it, attacking all the pubs except the Garrison. I give it to him he knew how to send a message however so did my Tom.

I hadn't heard from any of them all day, not until when my shift was coming to a close did I see little Finn climb onto the bar and grab the pubs picture of the King. Harry asked the young boy was he was up to and Finn said Tommy was having a fire.
"Letty, Tommy said for you to come with me" Finn said grabbing my hand to pull me along behind him.
I reached out to grab my jacket before following him, Finn wasn't letting go of my hand. "My brothers taught me to always escort a lady to where she needs to go!" Finn confidently said to me. "That's right Finn, you sure are a gentleman" he blushed after I said that. He stuck to his word and held my hand right up until I was next to Tom, I bent down to Finns height giving him a kiss on the cheek. "Thank you for making sure I got here safe Finn" I gave him a soft smile and winked at him. As I stood back up, he had ran off to be with some of his friends.

"This knob really knows what he's doing, aye?" I speak first, trying to warm myself up by the fire. "I started a war with the Lees, quite easy after they called my mother a whore" he bitterly said, sucking on his cigarette. I take a cigarette myself, after it was lit. "Gosh everyone is testing you today Tom, ain't they?" I turn to look at him, the glow of the fire making him a little extra beautiful. Funny to call a man beautiful, but that's what he was. Beautiful.

"I'm quite intrigued to see what the knobs have done to me house, I haven't been home yet. I hadn't touched anything from my mums room, not in all these years did I move anything an inch. 11 years and it takes those bastards 2 days to settle in and ruin everything." I huffed, it had been on my mind all day. I didn't even want to go home. I couldn't bare to see the damage that has been done. I force myself to stare at the fire, I wasn't sure if it was tears or the smoke burning my eyes.
Tommy said nothing, I just felt his hand slowly etch against mine as a way of showing that was he here and that he heard me.