off to the races

—————Grace had managed to sing me to sleep, I woke up to Tommy lightly shaking my shoulders whispering in my ear

—————
Grace had managed to sing me to sleep, I woke up to Tommy lightly shaking my shoulders whispering in my ear. Grace had left, Tommy decided to let me sleep for a while so he told Grace he would lock up.
What I didn't know was that Tommy had spent the last hour just watching me sleep, not creepily he just enjoyed seeing me be so peaceful.
Blinking, my eyes finally focused as I got up from the seat slightly embarrassed that I had fallen asleep.

"How long have I been asleep?" My voice hoarse. I coughed to clear my throat. "An hour of so" Tommy was stood leaning up against a side of a booth.
"Why didn't you wake me sooner? Or you could've just left." Tommy laughed at this. "Do you know who you're talking to? Do you forget I won't let you walk home alone?... also I think we need to have a talk" he responds, quickly saying the last bit.
The mention of a talk wakes me up fully.
I shrug my jacket on and pick up my bag, "You got the keys?" Tommy dangles them up in answer to my question.

I walk out the door first, I shiver at the cold air and wrap my jacket tighter around my body. Tommy locks up behind me whilst I take out two cigarettes. I offer him one as he reaches for his matches. We walk quietly to my house, just smoking and walking.
Once we reach my door I get my keys and unlock it, "Do you want to come in?"
Tommy nods his head once and follows me inside.

Just as the same as we were the other day, we were sat next to each other on my sofa, my knee up so I was facing him.
I started laughing out of the awkwardness. Out of all the years i've known Tommy, we have never had such an awkward silence.
"So..." I started, he just shook his head with a smile on his face. "So.." he says back.

I've had enough of us beating around the bush, I understood when we didn't know that the other person was thinking but I mean after the other night we couldn't just act like nothing happened. "Do you want to go first or should I?"
Tommy was usually very authoritative and took charge of all situations but now, he is timid and shy.
He just coughs into his hand and signals to me to begin.
"Okay... I guess i'll just come out and say it. I might fancy you a little. I also liked the other night" I say picking at my sleeve not wanting to make eye contact. I felt him turning his body towards me so now we were both facing one another. He placed his hand under my chin forcing me to look up at him.
"I too enjoyed the other night and we seem to mutually fancy one another"
A cheeky grin on his face as he started to lean down towards me.

We spent hours talking, kissing and laughing. I was watching Tommy get up to grab his jacket.
"Why don't you just stay?"
Tom turned around at my offer, eyebrows raised. "What are you implying Ms Hemp?"
I scoffed at his dirty mind, "I'm implying just that Mr Shelby." Next thing I know Tommy has run out of the living room, i'm quickly behind him as he sprints up the stairs, taking them 2 at a time before disappearing in to my room. I run into my room to find him shoes off, laying on my bed leaning up on his elbow as he pats the space next to him. I giggle at his childish ways before climbing onto the bed settling down next to him. He lays down flat and scoots himself down to rest his head against my chest. I knew he wanted me to play with his hair but I'm not giving in. He looks up at me and huffs "If you love me you'll stroke my hair" before nestling into my chest once again.