JJ Found a Gun

Lea, Kie and Pope stood outside the busy coastguard office, waiting for JJ and John B to return

People were yelling and arguing to get attention. The storm had clearly caused a lot of damage.

As the two boys walked out empty handed, Lea sighed.

"Well that went well," Pope said sarcastically.

"So what's the plan?"

"I know how we're gonna find the guy who owns that boat." John B announced, examining the motel key.

JJ took it off him to have a look himself.

"We don't know whose room that is. It could be anyone's." Pope protested catching onto the plan.

"Well, Pope, let's go find out," Lea turned back towards the boat, edging out.
Throwing the keys to her, JJ followed her out, "I'm in."

"Let's go," Lea turned on her heel, walking back to the boat.

"Come on, I'll be lookout," Kie pleaded with Pope who reluctantly followed them.

☀️

Pulling up to the motel, Lea's face was a picture of pure disgust

JJ whistled, "And I though the chateau was bad."

"This place is a shit-show." John B agreed.

"Motel or meth-lab?" Kie asked.

"You be the judge." Pope responded.

Lea said nothing, still shocked at the motel.

It was falling apart to say the least. All the mattresses had been pulled out of the rooms and lay along the balconies.

"Doesn't look like a place somebody with a Grady-White stays." John B pulled into the motel dock.