Lady Liberty

Stepping out of the car, Lea looked around at the Island Club

Stepping out of the car, Lea looked around at the Island Club. The sun was just about to set, the gardens already filled with people.

Walking in, Lea's Dad held onto her arm, "behave yourself," he whispered, before placing a kiss on her forehead and taking Emily to talk to some rich guy.

Bumping shoulders, Stephanie walked past her murmuring, "fish out of water, little Pogue." Before smiling widely and squealing, waving at some girls who squealed back.

Lea began walking around, feeling extremely out of place and considering sneaking off, until she saw two of her best friends. She opened her mouth to shout, before looking around and quickly walking/jogging towards the BBQ where Kie and Pope stood.

As people started applauding at God knows what, Lea full on sprinted, hoicking her dress up.

"Check you out," Pope laughed seeing Lea's unimpressed face.

"I feel like a Barbie doll," Lea quickly hugged Kie, giving Pope the Pogue handshake, before turning around to see what the applause was.

"Here come Lord Capital and the Exploiters." Huffed Kie as the Cameron family walked out.

"What's on her head?" Lea squinted in the light, referring to Rose Cameron's pointy head piece.

"She's definitely gonna poke somebody's eye out with that." Pope said.

The three began talking, Kie and Lea both hiding from their parents.

However, as the night crawled up and the sky darkened, their parents found them, dragging the girls back into Kook land.

Lea had lost Kie, and was now stood next to her Dad at a table talking to Ward Cameron. She engaged in some chit-chat for a bit but now she'd zoned out, focused intently on her drink.

Finally downing it, Lea felt someone brush past her, a hand trailing down her back. She turned to see who it was only to see JJ, in a waiters uniform, look her up and down before winking and running off.

Shocked, Lea turned around to see Pope with a just as confused expression.

"So Kalea, how's your summer going?" Ward smiled.

☀️

Lea and Emily stood by the stairs leading to the Island Club porch as Lea's dad and Stephanie danced

"You should dance with your dad next," Emily said, twirling Lea's fringe. "Then he'll get a dance in with both of his daughters."

Lea gave a tight-lipped smile, "maybe later."

"Look, man I can walk myself, I got legs. Can you see that, brother?"
Lea heard the shout of a familiar Pogue.
"I really appreciate what you did back there. But let me just walk out by myself." JJ struggled against a security guard.

Looking up, Lea locked eyes with Kie, who was on the porch as JJ walked past her.

"Kalea. Don't look. Ignore it," her Dad and Stephanie had appeared in front of them.

"Mr Dunleavy I see you got your drink. Good, that's really nice of you. I'm actually going to down that." JJ grabbed an old man's drink and did exactly what he said he would.

"What the hells the matter with him?" Someone yelled as the security guard mumbled apologies.

"Kalea! How about you and I have a walk around the grounds," her dad held onto her arm as she tried to walk over to JJ.

"Whoo!" Whooped JJ, as he was escorted through the middle of the garden, past Lea and her family. "I really appreciate the discretion, Daryl, you know?"

"This is why they need to check before they hire people." Emily tutted.

Lea opened her mouth to retort, before her dad's grip on her hand tightened. "Kalea." He warned.

"It's okay everybody!" JJ suddenly shouted addressing the whole party. "Do not panic! Leave it to the men and women in uniform. Let's hear it for them." JJ began clapping as he was dragged out. "Rose! You look like Lady Liberty." He pointed at Rose Cameron. "It's good to see you again. Hey buddy, can I have one of those?"

The further JJ was dragged away the stronger Lea pulled away from her father.

"That's why you don't do drugs kids," chuckled Stephanie.

"Shut the hell up!" Snapped Lea.

"Kalea Marie, if you don't drop this behaviour, I swear to God..." Andrew Brooks grip on his daughter tightened, causing Lea to wince in pain.

"What? What are you gonna do?" Lea looked at Kie, pleading for help.

Kie nodded slightly, "Stop! Let go of him! You can't just boot him out!"

As Kie spoke, Emily urged Andrew to let go of his daughter, "you're making a scene."

"I invited him here! I'm a member of this club." As Kie spoke her parents stood behind her trying to get her to shut up.

Suddenly JJ pushed the security guard away, "sorry about that. Kie, Lea, mandatory power hour at Rixon's. Pope you as well right? Come on, Rixon's cove lets roll. Lea, come on baby. Workers of the world unite, throw off your chains!"

Lea stepped towards him.
"Kalea,"
"You know that guy?"

Andrew and Emily stood in her way, and Lea could hear Kie's parents shouting at her too.

"Kalea, you are not leaving your family." Andrew Brooks stood in front of her as she heard Kie walk down the stairs.

"No." Lea caught her dad's eye, "I'm joining them."

Pushing past her dad, Lea grabbed Kie's hand the both of them laughing. They ran towards where John B and JJ were saluting each other. As the girls ran, they saw Pope join the boys too, and as Kie went to hug John B, JJ stood with his arms open,

"That's my girl!"

Lea ran into his arms, flinging herself at him as they spun around.

As they all ran off, Lea didn't even bother to look back.

(A/N all photos/edits are found on Pinterest and aren't mine x)