Mama, I'm a Criminal

Watching John B speed of down the marsh, Lea turned away, walking back towards the car with a heavy heart

JJ followed her, Kie and Pope finally talking to each other.
"Hey," he said softly.

"Hey," Lea gently took his hand, swinging their arms slightly.

"I guess the Pogue summer's kind of over."

"I guess so. But it was good while it lasted."

"It sure was." JJ smiled and Lea's heart couldn't help but melt.

Leaning in to JJ's open arms, Lea wrapped an arm around JJ's waist, turning to glance at Kie and Pope.
"Holy shit, JJ, we've got competition."

JJ turned in surprise to see Kie and Pope kissing at the end of the dock. Gasping, he leant his head on top of hers, "Quick, let's start making out. That'll throw them."

Lea huffed as the sound of sirens brought back a reality check.

"Hey, guys, I'm sorry to ruin the party, but, uh, we gotta go right now. Come on." JJ called as Lea hurried to the car, the sirens getting dangerously close.

Lea stopped as multiple police vehicles pulled up. Men poured out of them, guns raised.

"Pope!" Kie cried as JJ pulled Lea back. "Pope, hands!"

"Move! Hands up! Hands up!" An unfamiliar man ran towards them.

"SBI?" Lea muttered quietly to herself as she lifted her arms. They must have been the ones arriving in the helicopter.

"We're too late. He's gone. God damn it!" Officer Shoupe yelled, "Bratcher have your men stand down!" Shoupe turned on the Pogues. "Let me talk to these kids. Alright where the hell is he?"

The four stared straight back at him, nobody answering.

"Where the hell is he?" Shoupe practically screamed.

"JJ?" After no response, Shoupe turned to the blonde. "I see your living up to your name. Pope, how about you? This isn't a fucking game! You can do the right thing now! Where'd he go? Kalea, are you going tell me?"

Lea took a deep breath, glancing down at the floor before glaring at Shoupe dead in the eye.

"Suspect has just left Station 26 in a small boat." The SBI agent radioed in.

"Well, even if you aren't gonna talk now, you will have to eventually." Shoupe gestured for the two other deputies to come over.

"Put your hands behind your backs." Deputy Thomas, the same deputy who took John B away with the DCS, ordered.

The other deputy, Deputy Plumb, came up behind Kie, grabbing her wrists. Pushing her forward, Plumb grabbed Lea's wrists as well. Glancing back, Lea winced as she saw Plumbs hand bandaged from the car incident.