Carpool, No Karaoke

"Are you sure we're alright here?" Kie asked anxiously, looking around

"We'll be fine. No-one will even notice the car." JJ shrugged.

They'd stopped next to an old hut off the road, hidden underneath the huts extended roof.

"It's pitch black out, even if they can see us we're safe for a few hours." Lea looked out at the woods around them.

"So, uh. What happened with the police?" Pope turned to John B.

"They think I did it." John B continued to gaze out of the window.

"Hate to say I told you so," JJ muttered, scowling when Lea tried to kick him.

"You really can get away with anything when you're rich, huh?" Lea sighed, running her hands through her hair.

Kie turned the car off, "well, we're gonna be here for a while so get comfy."

Pope opened his door, shutting it quietly as he moved to the passenger door.

"Buddy's shooting his shot." JJ whispered to Lea.

"Oh," Lea grimaced, "we've lost another one. Now all of you will have been rejected by Kie."

"I wasn't rejected by Kie." JJ looked offended.

"It's okay, baby. Happens to the best of us. It's not you, it's Kie."

JJ pulled a face, "you're annoying."

Lea blew him a kiss in response.

"Fuck!" Lea had to stop herself from yelling as the back of the trunk opened, John B stood unimpressed. Lea quickly whipped her head to the backseat, unsure how John B got there without her noticing.

John B ignored her, swatting at her arm. "Move over."

Lea shuffled closer to JJ, as John B climbed into the trunk. He reached back into the back seat, fiddling with the seat adjustments until the backseats collapsed down.

"Sweet." JJ looked at their new makeshift bed. "Looks like we're cuddling."

The three lay back, keeping their heads low. Lea scowled as Pope reached over to pat her head. Lea rubbed her eyes, resting her head on JJ's shoulder. "I am way too sleep deprived right now."

"Ssshhh." JJ clumsily put his finger to Lea's mouth, nearly taking her eye out in the process. "Some of us are trying to sleep." He leant back, pulling his hat down over his face.

It was very obvious the group's adrenaline had run out. Pope had fallen asleep with his face pressed against the window, Kie slumped over the wheel. John B continuously tossed and turned, struggling to do so in the cramped space.

Drifting in and out of sleep, Lea's only comfort was JJ's hand in hers, tightening every-time she flinched at a car driving past.

-----