Chapter 40 - Cotton candy!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

Sitting on a chair, I was quietly staring at Nathan and Hazel busy talking about their good old days. She was laughing so hard that tears rolled down her cheeks. He seemed happy too. Since the past twenty minutes, they've been chatting about old times.

What am I doing here again?

"Vena, do you remember the fat girl from our school, Kale?", Nathan asked.

"She was cute, not fat. Stop being so judgemental", Hazel said.

"Well, she's no more cute. She's so hot now", Nathan said and then he showed something to her. She looked at his mobile screen and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god. She looked so different", Hazel commented and I rolled my eyes.

For how long have I to bear this torture of sitting with these old school friends? I should not have come. She must have been fine here. She's enjoying her time, paying no attention towards me at all. I'm third-wheeling.

"Can you guys please cut me some slack and come to the point?", I said and they both stare at me.

"I've already told you not to join me. Stop complaining", she gave me a look and I raised my eyebrows at me.

"Don't be so rude, V. Sorry Ivan. We've met after so long. You can leave first if you want", Nathan said.

Why do I listen to you?

"I don't have my car", I said to Nathan. I glanced at Hazel and said, "And I've already told you that I'll join you". She rolled her eyes at me.

"You can take my car", she said.

"I don't want to. Take your time", I replied with a smirk. She's testing my patience. Well, let her test. I don't quit. That's not Ivan Green's style.

"You're stubborn", she said.

"Learnt from the best", I replied. She was giving me all her attention right now.

"I'm loving you two guys fighting", Nathan grinned and we both gave him a look. Why is he so happy?

"Why don't you guys date? Or are you dating already?", He said sounding excited.

"He has a girlfriend. Shut up", Hazel said before me.

"This means you're still a loner. Why don't you find a guy already? Is it necessary to surround yourself with committed guys only?", Nathan smirked and she gave her a death glare. She didn't speak but just salute him with her middle finger. I couldn't help but laugh.

She's savage.

"Ivan Green, I've never heard about you from V. Can I have a little introduction of yours?", Nathan asked.

What am I supposed to say? Who am I to her?

"Hazel was a tenant at my sister's place. Her sister Adrian was my high school teacher and my sister has adopted Hazel's nephew. She was kind to let my sister have the chance to enjoy motherhood", I said and he stares at me for a few seconds.