Chapter 16 - Meeting Joe!!

Lilly Collins as Joe!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ivan's P.O.V.

"Are you sure? Do you really want to do that?", Parker asked.

"How long am I supposed to wait now? It's been two weeks already since I've known this secret of her", I said tightening the grip on the steering.

"Did you talk to Vena after that day?", He asked.

"She's avoiding me like a plaque since that day. She leaves the house early in morning and enter at late night. I saw her only entering and leaving the home that's it. She doesn't even join us for any breakfast or dinner", I said.

"She's afraid that you know her little secret", Sam said from the back seat.

"But you shouldn't be concerned about Vena. You've got what you've wanted already", Harry added who was sitting with Sam in the back seat.

I sighed and parked my car at a good distance from the red brick walled house. I glanced it and my heart felt at ease but it started beating at an uneven speed.

"I'll ask again. Do you really want to do this?", Parker said with confused look on his face.

"Ron Hamithway, that moron is coming next week. I've only seven days to get my chance", I said gritting my teeth. I hate that man with all my heart. He's the only reason why I'm not with someone I love.

"I can understand. I don't know why but I'm still concerned about Vena. I know I shouldn't be but I'm having a hard time digesting the fact that she's really a bad girl", Parker said with a sigh.

"Because you spend way too much time with her", Harry said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Are you still talking to her?", I asked.

"I... I'm sorry ok? After you told me how afraid she was when you threatend her, I can't help and I talked to her. I talked to her casually as a friend. I just don't find her guilty and don't ask me for reasons because I don't have any", he said avoiding gaze with me.

"You like her!", I announced and his eyes widened.

"We second that", Harry and Sam said.

"No. I don't. She's married for god sake. I can't like her", he said.

"Yeah you can't but you do and do you know what's funny?", I asked.

"What?", He replied.

"Just like my crush, your crush Vena is also with that bastard Ron and that jerk is not human", I said.

"Bad boy's crush with a demon", Sam said with a chukle.

"I don't have crush on her. Slow down the wings of your imagination", Parker said.

"I won't ask you not to like her but be ready to be heartbroken in the end if you're willing to fall for her. She's not worth love", I said and then opening the car's door, I came out.

Parker, Sam and Harry came outside along with me. I tightened my fist because of the anxiety I was feeling right now. I was a few meters away from her.

"Do you want us to join you?", Parker asked.

"No. I'll manage", I replied and leaving them there, I walked to the house with my eyes fixed on the road.