Chapter 45 - Surrender!!

Ivan's P.O.V.

Restless. Stressed. Anxious and messed up. These are the few terms which described my current state. From the past three hours, I've been tossing and turning on the bed. Adrian is dead! How can that be possible? I just saw her walking, smiling and even freaking talking to me. How is she dead? This is ridiculous. That letter is just a pure lie.

Has Hazel eaten anything? Is she fine now? Emma must be worried about me. Has Joe told my sister about my whereabouts? What are my friends doing? I hope Parker, Sam and Harry are fine. Damn it. One weak fragile looking girl is playing with so many people. We're like bloody puppets of her and we can't do anything.

A very faint knock on my door alarmed me. I immediately left my bed and got down on my feet. I saw the door being opened slightly. I ran in that direction barefoot. I didn't even care about turning on the lights or wearing any shoe. I hit a few objects in the room before reaching the main door. I opened it in urgency.

I was shocked to see the entire floor empty and dark! Where are the guards? Why is the lights of the house off? Hazel. Her thought immediately made me ran out of the room. I reached downstairs and made my way to her room. Just as I was about to approach the said room, someone called me from behind.

"Why don't you give me a moment before meeting her?", Someone said behind me. I was stopped in my tracks. I turned back and saw Mrs. Adrian standing there. She was holding a lamp. She smiled at me and something melts inside me.

She's alive. She's standing right in front of me. How could someone lie?

"I want to see Hazel for a minute, please", I said.

"She's not in that room. Come with me", she said and then turning on her heels, she started walking out of the house. I followed her.

"Did you write that letter?", I asked whilst following her. I couldn't see her expressions because it was dark.

"Where is everyone? Where are all the guards? Where is Joe? Answer me", I asked impatiently. She didn't stop walking. She didn't speak either. Quietly she kept on walking to a small quarter at the back of the mansion. A few pebbles pierced my bare sole but I ignored it.

I should have worn footwear, I thought.

"Your all questions will be answered here", she said as she opened the door and I walked inside with her. I saw the main hall and there were two closed doors. It was a very small place. The main hall had two couches and a wooden almirah. The furniture was minimum. It looked like an office or something. The walls and floor was wooden furnished.

"Where is everyone?", I asked.

"Please sit down", She gestured me to sit on the couch. She walked to a small refrigerator situated at one of the corners of the room and took out two water bottles. She passed one to me. I obeyed and sat on the couch. She sat in front of me. She gave me an assuring smile.

"Who are you?", I asked as I looked right into her eyes.

"Olivia James", she said. My heartbeat raced up.

"Where is Mrs. Adrian?", I asked.

"She died", She said and I clenched my jaws.