Chapter 9: Carter I'm your father

"Oh this is so cute for you- and this and this" Natasha gushed. Carter nodded picking up a few things she didn't want to have a lot when she escaped. In the changing room Carter dialled Lucas's number, "I'm here- I'm going to create a distraction- use it to run" Lucas spoke. The sudden noise of gun shots and screaming had everyone scrambling for the exit, Carter crawled out from the change room and followed the store clerks through their emergency exit. Running around the building a black car pulled up and Carter was pulled into it.

"Who are you" Carter spoke following the man that called himself Lucas led her through his large house. "I'm Lucas Muretti" Lucas spoke. "As in the drug family Muretti- I can't catch a break" Carter muttered, "How do you know my dad" Carter questioned, "I don't my father does" Lucas spoke.

"My dad would never make friends with the mafia" Carter scoffed. "It's a lot more complicated than that- why don't you get comfortable and join me for dinner" Lucas spoke. "Wait your not kidnapping me are you" Carter spoke panic taking over. "Oh no- your free to leave whenever- I just figured I can answer your questions over dinner" He spoke, Carter nodded.

"I hope you don't mind my father will be joining us" Lucas spoke, "What about my father" Carter enquired, "He'll be here a little later" Lucas spoke, Carter sighed. "Thank you" She spoke, Carter could hear the voice of a man entering the dining room. "Your here" He spoke, "You look just like your mother" He spoke hugging Carter, taken by surprise Carter stepped back. "Dad- I didn't tell her yet" Lucas spoke, "Tell me what- what's going on" Carter spoke.

"Carter calm down- this is going to be new and shocking" Lucas spoke. "Please sit down" His father spoke, Carter sat obediently not knowing where this was going. "When I was young I fell in love with this girl- I was married but our marriage had long dissolved and we had both taken lovers to fill voids" Mr. Muretti spoke. "Why are you telling me this" Carter spoke confused, "I got her pregnant- when I told her what I did and who I was she feared for the life of her baby so she left me and married another man" Mr. Muretti spoke. "I'm confused" Carter spoke, "Her name was Felicity and that child is you" Mr. Muretti spoke. "Excuse me for a moment" Carter spoke running to nearest bathroom she threw up. "Well that's a way to take news" Lucas spoke helping her up, "No sorry I just felt sick to my stomach- I just have eaten something bad" Carter spoke.

"Are you alright" Mr. Muretti spoke, "I'm fine- um I don't understand- my father is Henry Harrington" Carter spoke. "He raised you" Mr. Muretti spoke. "Are you saying my mother cheated on my father" Carter spoke, "No- she married Henry after- he was a family friend" Mr. Muretti spoke. "I'm sorry I think you have the wrong person" Carter spoke, "He's telling the truth Carter" Her fathers voice spoke, Carter stood from her seat hugging her father she almost wanted to cry. "Dad what's going on" Carter spoke, "Your mom was pregnant with Johnathan- I convinced her to marry me and give you a good life- I can't have children so it worked in my favour- I love you no less than if I had my own child" Henry spoke.

"Why is every one telling me this now" Carter spoke facing the room it was overwhelming news. "With everything that's going on with Tobias it would be safer if you were here" Henry spoke. "But you" Carter spoke, "Lucas is taking good care of us" Henry reassured her. "Carter I want to get to know you- please stay" Mr. Muretti spoke, "Okay" Carter spoke. "Ill visit soon- tell Nick I love him" Carter spoke hugging her father she waved goodbye.

"If you need anything just let me know" Mr. Muretti spoke, "Thank you Mr. Muretti" Carter spoke, "Would it be to much to ask for you to call me dad" Mr. Muretti spoke, Carter contemplated. "I suppose not- dad" She spoke, that was definitely going to take some getting use to. "I do have something I want" Carter spoke, "Anything" Johnathan spoke, "Can you tell me about my mom" Carter spoke.

"We met when she was in college- I was badly hurt and she helped me and brought me home- I visited her a lot" Johnathan spoke smiling at the memories.

"Are you following me" Felicity spoke, Johnathan smiled. "I am" He spoke, "Do you like me or something" She spoke. "I thought it was obvious" He smirked.

"Go on a date with me" Johnathan spoke, "Where" Felicity enquires, "Anywhere you want" Johnathan spoke.

"Before we knew it we were in love- she was heartbroken when she found out I was married- but I promised her I was going to divorce" Johnathan spoke. "What did she say" Carter spoke, "She believed in me- I eventually got the divorce- I came clean about who I was- not that I lied to her I just never really told her the extent of my career" Johnathan spoke. "She didn't tell me she was pregnant- the doctors at the hospital were pretty much paid off by me in case my men got hurt- they alerted me- I waited for weeks for her to tell me- I knew she was scared" Johnathan spoke.

"I still remember the night like it was yesterday" Johnathan spoke.

"Is everything okay I haven't heard from you in weeks I was getting worried" Johnathan spoke, "I'm getting married" Felicity spoke.

"Ok when do you want to get married" Johnathan smiled, "No- I'm not marrying you" Felicity spoke. "What" Johnathan spoke, "I'm marrying Henry" Felicity spoke, "You- why" Johnathan spoke approaching her. "It's the right thing to do" Felicity cried, "But your having my child" Johnathan spoke, "How- how did you find out" she spoke in fear.

"The doctors told me" Johnathan spoke, "It's Henry's child" Felicity spoke, "Henry can't have children that's why he's still single everyone knows that" Johnathan spoke. "Johnathan I can't be with you- I can't bring our child into this world of darkness" Felicity spoke.

"Don't do this" Johnathan pleaded, "Please respect my wishes- if you love me" she spoke before leaving.