Chapter 2: Drugged

"Why were you covered in blood" Nick spoke, Carter cringed. "I saw these guys with guns so I ran into this room to hide and this guy was in there bleeding so I patched up his wound and here I am" Carter explained leaving out the kissing part. "Don't ever leave to go to the bathroom by yourself Carter" Nick spoke. "Who were those guys" Carter spoke. "Probably gang related- the mafia are very comfortable in that neighborhood- lots of clubs and shady night work" Nick spoke.

"Can we not tell my dad about this" Carter spoke, "Agreed" Nick nodded. Looking out onto the sky from Nick's condo Carter ran her fingers over her lips, stupid man who took her first kiss.

"Tobias" Miguel spoke giving him the file. "She's Henry's daughter" Simon spoke, "The diplomat we can't buy" Tobias spoke, they nodded. Opening her file his hands traced over her name, "Carter" he mumbled, "Shes just graduated med school" Tobias spoke, no wonder she didn't freak out from his wound. "What do you want to do" Simon spoke, "I want her" Tobias spoke.

"How was your night out" Her father spoke, Carter looked down to her coffee. "Alright I suppose" she spoke. Her father picked up the newspaper beginning to read it, the face of the man she saved last night was plastered on the front. "Who is that" Carter spoke, her father glanced at the front, "Tobias Costello- he's one of the biggest crime families- ruthless bastard worst than his father" Her father spoke. "You knew his father" Carter perked finding sudden interest in this mystery man that stole her first kiss. "We were best friends in high school until he dropped out and followed the life of a mafia lord" Henry spoke.

"Cyrus you can't drop out of school" Henry spoke, "Come with me Henry- I've got a great gig set up selling cocaine- together we could be ruthless" Cyrus spoke.

"My father is a respected politician- I can't do that to my family" Henry spoke.

"Than I guess this is goodbye good friend- I hope we never have to fight each other" Cyrus spoke.

"He died a few years ago- Tobias was a teenager" Henry spoke shaking his head. "Why the sudden interest" Henry questioned, "No reason- the hospital is always talking about the amount of patients that come in from gang violence" Carter spoke, "Well I wouldn't be surprised- such an awful life to live" Henry spoke looking to the large portrait of Carter's mother Felicity.

"I have to get to work" Carter spoke grabbing her purse. "Be safe" her father spoke, Carter scanned her ID card, she was lucky her father was a well known diplomat that finding a hospital to work was easy. "Dr. Harrington" the nurses greeted her, pulling on her medical coat she grabbed her files and headed to check up on her existing patients.

"So what do we have today" Carter spoke facing a boy- he must be about 10. "He was playing soccer- split his knee right open" His mother spoke, "Alright couple stitches and we'll be better" Carter smiled writing down her notes.

"Carter you have a guest" Bradley spoke as she entered her home. "Carter" Amanda's voice chimed, "Great" Carter mumbled placing her purse down she hugged her cousin. Amanda was Nicks half sister, her mother hated Nick and Carter felt like she didn't like her either, she always gave her looks of disappointment and even went as far as to question her mother's loyalty to her father, claiming I wasn't my fathers child. Of her father denied all the accusations and claimed that Amanda's mother simply wanted more of the family inheritance, Carter was considered her grandfather's favourite before his passing he trusted her with many properties, to which she was shocked.

"What are you doing here" Carter enquires, "I came to treat you- my cousin is a doctor" Amanda smiled. "Oh you really don't have to" Carter insisted, Amanda hadn't spoken to her in years, especially since she was close with Nick.

"Please- I miss you" Amanda whined, Carter nodded. Slipping on a summer dress she grabbed her purse and slipped on a pair of heels. "So where are we going" Carter spoke, "This hotel my father recently purchased- it has the best restaurant" Amanda spoke, Carter nodded. The evening was filled with Amanda talking about herself and her fashion lines that were a hit in Milan. "Excuse me" Amanda spoke, Carter blinked rapidly, looking at her glass of wine she hadn't drank much but she was feeling really light headed. Making her way to the bathroom she felt uncomfortable.

"I gave her the drug- yes mom I paid the old man to take her upstairs and I have a reporter just waiting to snap her pictures- they'll slander her innocent act" Amanda scoffed. Damn it Carter how could you be so stupid, Carter quickly made her way down the hallways opening the door to the stairs she hurled over, her entire body felt hot, her skin felt uncomfortable. Standing up again she shakily walked to the door which read exit, huffing she groaned.

"Are you alright" a dark voice spoke, looking over her vision was blurry. "Help me" she mumbled. "Thanks for the tip" Tobias spoke, "Not a problem- I wouldn't dare sleep with a woman you set your eyes on" Ben spoke. Picking Carter up he held her close, she squirmed and panted in his hand. Placing her on his bed she moaned, "God what are you doing to me" Tobias chuckled, "I feel hot" Carter mumbled, "You were drugged" Tobias spoke. "Help me- make it stop- my heart feels like it's going to explode- my body feels like it's on fire" Carter spoke grabbing his shirt.

"Are you sure" Tobias spoke, Carter nodded. Tobias kissed her passionately, taking off her clothes he placed her gently back on the bed, kissing every inch of her body Carter felt even more vulnerable, "Carter relax" Tobias whispered.