Chapter 14: Divorce me

"Why did you lie to him" Lucas spoke, "He doesn't deserve to be a father" Carter spoke, she was relieved Lucas brought her here on time, her baby was safe for now but Carter didn't trust it to be safe with Tobias, was this how her mother felt, why was history repeating itself. "What are you going to do- your stomach will grow bigger- he'll know you lied" Lucas spoke. "I'll go to France- stay there until I give birth- by than he'll have forgotten about me and I can return" Carter spoke.

"Don't do this Carter- I watched my father miss your mother- miss you for years- Tobias is so in love with you" Lucas spoke, "But it's wrong and my mother made a decision to keep me safe- I'm going to do the same- only this time I don't need to marry a random person to protect my baby" Carter spoke, "Okay calm down- we'll talk more later" Lucas spoke covering her. "Are you okay" Carter spoke "I'm fine Carter- just worried about you" he spoke.

"How is she" Tobias spoke, it was a few days and Carter was going to be going home soon, "Why don't you just go inside instead of sitting out here for days" Lucas spoke, "I don't want to upset her" Tobias spoke, "Go" Lucas spoke opening the door, "Lucas I'm all packed- what are you doing here" Carter snapped, "I wanted to make sure you were okay" Tobias spoke, "I'm fine" Carter spoke, "Let me help you" Tobias spoke, "Don't come near me" Carter barked, Tobias stopped. "It was my child to" Tobias spoke. "I don't want to see you" Carter spoke, walking out of the room.

The next few days Tobias came by to her every day- bringing her gifts. Carter refuses them all and refused to see Tobias.

"Are you sure about this" Lucas spoke pacing the living room they were in Tobias's house. "I came as soon as Simon called- I'm so glad you finally want to talk" Tobias spoke. "You don't have to always follow her around- I'm her husband" Tobias spoke looking at Lucas. "Not the best thing to say to your brother in law" Lucas muttered. "I asked him to come- I have things I want to discuss" Carter spoke. "Okay name it- it's yours" Tobias spoke, "I want you to divorce me" Carter spoke, the room fell silent. "What" Tobias spoke, "I want a divorce" Carter spoke, "No- you don't mean that" Tobias spoke, "I do" Carter spoke.

"No- I'm not divorcing you" Tobias spoke, "What more do you want from me- you killed my child" Carter snapped, Tobias held her hand. "We can have another one" Tobias spoke, "No- here's the documents" Carter spoke leaving the envelope on the table she got up to leave.

"Don't do this Carter- I love you" Tobias spoke hugging her, "Let me go" Carter spoke blinking back her tears she shoved Tobias back. "I hate you Tobias- you ruined my life" Carter spoke, walking out she sat in the car waiting for Lucas. "I'm sorry Tobias" Lucas spoke helping him up, "No it's my fault- I did ruin her life didn't I" Tobias spoke, "So what are you going to do" Lucas spoke, "Give her what she wants" Tobias mumbled signing the documents he gave the file to Lucas. Lucas sighed walking out of the house he could see Carter crying, looking down at the document he ripped in two before throwing it in the garbage.

"Did he sign it" Carter spoke, "No" Lucas spoke driving off. "I don't even know why I'm crying- I decided this" Carter spoke. "Because you love him" Lucas spoke, "Why are you doing this Carter" Lucas spoke, "He can't control that cruel side of him- when I tried to escape he kept punishing me by making me have sex with him- and when I called my dad he forced me to marry him- I was so sad when I had to marry him- I didn't even know what my feelings were" Carter spoke.

"Alright Carter- just focus on the baby- no stress" Lucas spoke, perhaps Carter needed some time away from Tobias to realize she wanted to be with him.

"Your just going to let her leave" Natasha spoke, Tobias held the drink to his lips he was so drunk his hands were shaking. "I'm only going to hurt her" Tobias spoke, "But you guys are soulmates" Natasha spoke, "I guess I was wrong" Tobias spoke.

"I have work to focus on- Carter made me feel human for once but I have responsibilities go get back to" Tobias spoke. "Fine" Natasha spoke, Tobias slammed the cup into the wall before staggering to his bed, sitting on the chair on his balcony he looked over to the empty chair Carter would sit in, her beautiful smile- her tempting lips. Lighting his cigarette he looked up at the star filled sky. "I'm sorry" he whispered holding back the tears that wanted to spill. "Why was love so hard" he spoke, "You guys made it seem so easy" he yelled, referring to his parents.

Carter looked up at the star filled sky- "Are you ready" she spoke holding her flat stomach. "We're about to go on an adventure" She smiled. "I'm sorry Tobias" she whispered tears spilling from her eyes. "I do love you- even though your you- I fell in love with you" Carter spoke admitting for the first time she held feelings for him. "I hope you forgive me" Carter spoke.

"I'll be there to see you next week" Johnathan spoke, "You take care of her" Johnathan turned to Lucas. "Of course dad" Lucas spoke putting her suitcase in the van. "Do you want to see Tobias before you leave" Lucas spoke.

"No" Carter stated- "Lets just go" she smiled.