Chapter 18: I love you

"Stupid Mafia guy- stupid feelings" Carter muttered, "Something wrong" Simon spoke, Carter looked up from her cereal bowl. "Nope- nothing at all" Carter replied, "Just tell him you love him Carter- believe me he'll jump your bones" Simon spoke. "

"I'm not doing that" Carter spoke, " Why are you so stubborn- you and Tobias have been playing this stupid win lose game since you met" Simon spoke. "Exactly- I can't let him win- he's a jerk" Carter muttered, "You really are is match" Ash spoke.

"Natasha please talk to me" Lucas's voice filled the foyer. "Don't you have other women to go see"
Natasha glared, "I told you it's not like that- ask Carter she knows Sophie- she's like 45- I know she looks young" Lucas spoke. Natasha glared at him once more before walking away, Carter sighed. "Fine I'll help you- only because you look like a lost puppy" Carter smiled. "Thank you" Lucas spoke.

"So I actually found out recently you and my brother were a thing" Carter spoke sitting beside Natasha on the couch, slouching her weight onto her. "We're not a thing- he led me on and than took some other girl to a public event" Natasha spoke, "Yeah he told me about that- he said he didn't know you wanted things to be public- he was only attending as a formal thing- and Sophie is older" Carter spoke. "Lucas is a great guy- he's not like Tobias" Carter added, "Whats that supposed to mean" Tobias's voice filled the room. "Lucas would never force you to do things you didn't want to- kidnap you- force you to marry him- get you pregnant" Carter spoke ignoring Tobias.

"I did really like him" Natasha sighed, "He's been so great with Ethen- give him a chance" Carter added, "Fine" Natasha spoke. "Well that's great- Carter lets go" Tobias spoke, "Where" Carter enquired. "We're going on a date" Tobias spoke walking her into the closet he told her to dress nicely.

"We're are we going- why am I blindfolded" Carter spoke, "Relax Carter I'm not a psychopath" Tobias spoke, "Are you sure" Carter mumbled, "Were here" Tobias spoke, taking off her blindfold she was standing on a huge rooftop patio, it was lit up with fairy lights and a table sat in the middle. "Wow" Carter spoke stepping onto the patio the wind felt nice, the city shone brightly in the distance and the lights looked like little stars. "I- um- when did you do this" Carter spoke, "Ash helped me set it up earlier" Tobias spoke pulling the chair out for Carter, he was dressed in a tux, god everything looked good on this man.

"Why did you do all of this" Carter spoke, "I just thought it might make you happy to get dressed up and go on a date" Tobias spoke, Carter's heart skipped a beat, sipping on her wine she blushed. Dinner was nice, Carter and Tobias got a long for the first time.

Carter looked out onto the sky, her date with Tobias was nice. "Carter" Tobias spoke, "You can shower first" Carter spoke noticing he was still in his suite. "I wanted to say something to you" Tobias spoke, standing in front of her he took her hands.

"My name is Tobias Costello- I'm selfish- I'm arrogant and I like to win- I did a lot of things to you I can't take back but I don't regret meeting you- or falling in love with you- or marrying you- or having Ethen- I love you and I'm never letting you go" Tobias spoke.

"Damn you Costello" Carter mumbled pulling on his tie she kissed him, pushing him back onto the bed she straddled him kissing him. It was a week since he tasted Carter, he finally broke her down, pulling her dress down he placed her on the bed without breaking the kiss.

"You okay" Tobias spoke, "Just a little sore" Carter mumbled slipping on her clothes she wobbled a little. Tobias smirked, "What- we had sex five times" Carter spoke. "I really do try to be gentle" Tobias spoke, "Sure" Carter spoke rolling her eyes.

"Did you have fun at grandpas" Carter spoke to Ethen as he ate his cereal. "Grandpa is fun" Ethen nodded, "Mommy do you love daddy" Ethen spoke, "Why are you asking me that" Carter narrowed her eyes, Ethen shrugged. "Your always mad at him" Ethen spoke. "I want to know to- well do you love daddy" Tobias spoke leaning on the doorway. Carter narrowed her eyes, "Did daddy put you up to this" Carter spoke, Ethen smiled. "Well two can play at that game- Ethen you tell daddy if he wants to know he can ask me himself" Carter smiled, Tobias chuckled. "You heard her daddy- now pay up- you owe me ice cream" Ethen spoke.

"You did half the job" Tobias joked, "She's a tough person to break" Ethen shrugged, "Let's go get that ice cream" Tobias sighed, Carter shook her head watching the two head off. "I've never seen Tobias this happy" Ash spoke, Carter turned to find him and Simon. "Well are you going to tell him you love him" Lucas spoke, "Did you sleep over" Carter gasped, Lucas shrugged. "Well are you going to tell him" Simon spoke.

"He already knows how I feel" Carter spoke, "Damn she's stubborn" Ash spoke, "Yup" Lucas spoke. "Come on Carter you have to tell him how you feel- he's just waiting to hear you say it" Simon added. "It's weird- I'm not supposed to fall in love with him" Carter spoke. "Why not" Lucas spoke. "We're so different" Carter spoke. "But you love all of him despite the fact that you guys are different" Ash spoke, Carter bit her lips.

"I hate you guys" Carter muttered.

"So Ethen ate a lot of chocolate ice cream and he's running around the gym like Spider-Man" Tobias spoke, Carter groaned. "Natasha is playing with him" Tobias spoke, "I wanted to tell you something" Carter spoke nervously this was killing her. "What's wrong" Tobias spoke stopping her from pacing, "Okay here's the thing" Carter mumbled, "The thing is" Carter added, "I love you" Carter spoke. Tobias grinned, "I know" He spoke. "So than why do I have to say it" Carter glared, Tobias hugged her. "I love you to" He spoke kissing her.