Chapter 17: A step forward

"What was that" Tobias smirked, "Nothing" Carter spoke, "You've never kissed me before" Tobias smiled, "It was your fault- you come out looking like that" Carter spoke waving her hands around. Tobias watched as Carter blushed trying to defend herself, "You know I think- I think it's okay to kiss your husband and not give a reason why you did it" Tobias smiled taking Carter's hand he placed her wedding ring back on her finger, she had left it when she asked for a divorce.

"I never took mine off" Tobias spoke holding up his hand, Tobias kissed Carter. One thing led to another and Carter found herself under Tobias yet again. "I'll Ethen's going to be happy- and Lucas owes me $50" Tobias chuckled, "Why" Carter questioned, "I bet that you would give in- he bet that you would fight me" Tobias spoke. " I promise I'll make you happy" Tobias mumbled kissing Carter's forehead.

"This is not the way to my home" Carter spoke, "Your stuff is already moved to my house- Ethen to" Tobias spoke, "Of course it is" Carter glared. "Mommy your back" Ethen yelled hugging Carter, "I missed you" Carter smiled, "Your not mad at daddy anymore" Ethen spoke, "He's on probation" Carter replied.

"Ethen is sleeping" Tobias spoke, Carter put away her suitcase, she had finished unpacking her things. "I want Ethen's last name to be Costello" Tobias spoke, "It already is" Carter mumbled, "Really- you didn't give him Muretti" Tobias spoke, "I wanted to- but Lucas insisted he be a Costello- I still don't know why he likes you so much- I'm surprised he didn't tell you I didn't lose the baby" Carter spoke. "Because he understands my feelings for you" Tobias spoke.

"What about your last name" Tobias spoke, "Well Lucas was suppose to take care of my legal matters but that clearly didn't happen so I guess I'm still legally Carter Costello- for now" Carter spoke, "Yeah I knew that I just wanted to hear you say that- I'm glad he didn't give you those papers" Tobias spoke lighting his cigarette he stood on his balcony. "I don't want Ethen to be part of your world" Carter spoke, "I won't force him Carter but if he grows up and chooses to be part of it I won't stand in his way" Tobias spoke. "I knew you would say that" Carter scoffed, "I'll protect him Carter- like your fathers protected you" Tobias spoke. "And any more children we have" Tobias added approaching Carter he pulled her close.

"I can't believe your here- and not trying to escape" Tobias chuckled, Carter glared at him, leaning into kiss her he stopped. "You kiss me" Tobias spoke, "I'm not going to kiss you" Carter huffed, Tobias smirked. "Alright- I'm not going to kiss you or touch you until you admit you want me to" Tobias spoke, "Fine" Carter spoke.

Carter watched as Tobias dried his wet hair, water dropped from his hair, my god he was delicious she couldn't help but think. "You could just kiss me instead of drooling over me baby" Tobias spoke, "You sure do think highly of yourself" Carter muttered looking down to her book, she couldn't even read it anymore her head was filled with pictures of Tobias and his yummy body.

"Love you" Tobias spoke his face inches away from her, turning around he took off the lights and pulled the sheets over his body. Damn it, Carter huffed she couldn't fall asleep, she was frustrated.

"You look like crap" Natasha spoke as Carter marched over to the coffee. "I didn't sleep well" Carter spoke, "Whats wrong" Natasha spoke, "Tobias is on a touching strike- he wants me to admit I want to kiss him" Carter huffed, "So just admit it" Natasha spoke, "I can't do that" Carter muttered, "What is it with you guys- everyone knows you guys love each other so much" Natasha spoke, "He's to cocky" Carter defended, "And your to stubborn" Natasha added pointing her spoon to her. "Mommy-daddy's house is huge" Ethen yelled running into the kitchen Tobias followed him. "It's your house to" Natasha spoke, "That's right" Tobias smiled.

"Uncle Ash is gonna play soccer with me in the gym- I'll see you later" Ethen spoke kissing his mom. "Ethen is the cutest" Natasha spoke, "He looks just like you" Natasha spoke turning to Tobias. Tobias smiled looking at Carter she was already glaring at him, "Whats wrong baby" He smirked, "Nothing" Carter replied, "All you have to do is say you want me" Tobias spoke.

Carter smiled, approaching Tobias she traced her hands along his chest, "Or you could just be a man and kiss me" Carter whispered in his ear, if he wanted to play she wouldn't back down either, Tobias grabbed her hand. "Don't test me Carter- I'll do you so hard you won't be able to walk" Tobias replied, Carter blushed red. "Prick" she muttered walking off, Tobias smiled.

"I'll see you later" Tobias spoke after her, grabbing his helmet he had a few things to do. "What's wrong with you" Lucas spoke, "Nothing" Carter glared. "What are you guys doing here" Carter spoke. "Checking in on you- your father still worries about you" Nick spoke. "Which one" Carter smiled, "Both" Nick replied. "Lucas" Natasha spoke, "Tasha" Lucas smiled. Carter looked between the two of them staring at each other. Natasha glared at him walking away, "What was that" Carter spoke narrowing her eyes at her brother. "Nothing" Lucas replied, "While you were away Lucas and Natasha got real close" Nick spoke.

"She doesn't need to know everything" Lucas spoke, "I'm your sister" Carter pouted, "What happened- she looks like she hates you" Carter spoke. "Well Lucas attended this gala thing with another girl" Nick spoke, Carter gasped. "You idiot" she yelled at her brother, "It's not like that, and the girl was Sophie- my dad's secretary she's like way older- I didn't want the press to go after Natasha" Lucas spoke. "Sophie is older" Carter spoke, "Good can you explain that to Natasha" Lucas spoke.

"No- that's your job" Carter huffed, "Thanks- I help you save your marriage and this is how you return the favour" Lucas muttered.

"Don't get me started" Carter pointed her finger.