Chapter 9 (Part 2)

Here's the second part of Chapter 9! Hope you enjoy!!! =)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[Flashback to 10 Years Ago]

I picked up someone from elementary school and decided to buy something that will cool me down. It was really hot that day and I remember holding a bag of cold ice pops. Grabbing one of the ice pops, I opened it and gave it to her. I was wearing a blue cap, a plain yellow shirt, short pants and a pair of white sneakers. I felt a tug at the hem of my shirt and smiled at the cutest girl I have ever seen, her brown hair tied up in a ponytail at the left side of her head, her bright brown eyes, and the softest and innocent smile that I've ever gazed on. Yes, it was my little sister, Ema.

"Oh my! Such a cute couple!"

"Look, it's the Hinata siblings!"

"They're siblings?! The boy looks so handsome compared to his sister."

I thanked myself that Ema was still young enough to not understand and neither heard the words adults whispers behind our back. My hair was always short because that's how I liked it, and because Ema preferred that my hair was short. But with that saying, I was mistaken a lot as a boy though. Plus, this gives me a better opportunity to wash my hair a bit faster.

We got home and we were greeted by my adoptive father, Hinata Rintarou-san. I looked around and saw the same gray furred squirrel that kept by Ema's side since she was a baby. She saw him perched outside on the balcony and let him inside. As she did that, he climbed on to her right shoulder and nuzzled his cheek against hers. They started talking and I looked at my father's content smile. That's when I knew that I was in a great family, and not in my real family.

Night came and that's when the lights go out. I never really liked being alone, much more than being afraid of insects. Sitting up on my bed, I heard talking and the kitchen lights were open. I quietly stepped off of my bed and sneaked to the door, opening it slightly so I wouldn't get caught, but just enough to hear father talking on the phone. I froze up when I heard him say L/N-san.

"Why did you really call me for?"

...

That sudden pause made me scared when I saw the look of horror on his face. He grunted and declared a firm 'NO' and ended the call. I was never really the favored child since I was born in this world, or even was supposed to exist at this point. But what I don't understand is why was I abandoned in the first place. I wanted to know everything about who I really am, or why was I brought here. Bringing up the courage deep inside me, I stepped out and my father saw me outside the room me and Ema shares.

He looked nervous and that made the whole situation more peculiar. "Y/N—"

"Tell me." That was all I said and looked straight in my father's eyes. I know I wasn't prepared for what I was about hear but curiosity killed the cat. When he nodded at me and pointed his head to the table, I knew that I was going be there for some time.