La Familia (2)

The rest of the evening was spent me packing away my clothes and readjusting my room. Not much had changed, my room was pretty much the same with the grey theme. I had a large queen sized bed in the back middle, two lamps at the side and a desk and chair in the corner. My aunt had put in a sofa as well and new carpet whilst I was away. Some clothes still remained in my drawer and I packed away the rest of my toiletries in my en-suite.

A few days had passed since my arrival and I'd settled back home pretty well. The weekend was spent pretty chill, catching up with my siblings and playing some outdoor sports as the weather had been nice. However, I hadn't seen Mason since Friday and it was now Monday.

My siblings still had school as it was the month of May, I woke up early and tied my hair into a puff and headed towards the kitchen.

"How's A levels bro?" I asked Lucas as he was dressed for 6th form.

"They suck. They're impeding on my social life." he said.

"Impeding huh?" I smirked as I got out a bowl of cereal.

"Yh, mum makes me stay home all the time now because I have exams and stuff. She doesn't let me go anywhere." he said and I laughed.

"Don't your exams start like next week?" I asked him.

"Not the point sis. Not the point." Lucas said and he came to ruffle my hair. I growled at him and pretended to bite him.

"Down boy!" he joked and I hit him. Lucas had a personality of his own. He was more like Isaiah than any of his siblings. Loud, bold, confident, macho. And his height of 6"1 also didn't help him.

"That reminds me where is Rocky?" I sat on one of the bar stools with him as I ate my cereal.

"Oh you didn't hear? We had to put him down. Bless his old soul. He was getting too old and sick so we had to let him go." Lucas placed his hand on his heart and shook his head.

I smiled sadly, "aww I'm gonna miss the little homie." Rocky was our rockwiler who the boys had had since they were babies.

"Let's pour a drink for the homie." Lucas poured a little of his water on the floor to commemorate and I burst out laughing.

"Lucas! What are you still doing here? School is starting in 20 minutes! If I get another late slip its your arse I'm getting next." My aunt Verna came in in an immaculate Vera wang black and white suit. Her hair was done up and pinned and she sashed in with her Gucci purse. "And clean that up!" She looked at the puddle on the floor and I just cracked up further.

"Delilah darling, do you have any plans for today?" She asked as I took my last spoon and I looked at her surprised and shook my head. Honestly my first week back home I was hoping to be unbothered, stay at home watch movies and the furthest I was planning to go was Jacqui's house.

"Well good, I have a meeting this morning, literally in half an hour I have to rush to. I was going to ask Steve but are you able to take Jason to school? It's the same school you went to so I'm sure you remember the way." She joked and took a bottle of water from the fridge.

I looked down at myself and up again, still in my pyjamas. "How long do I have?"

"Be ready in 10, it's a 20 minute drive." She said as she sashayed out of the room. "See you later darlings, I'll be back home late." She said. She was an interior designer and designed most of the properties in this area. Some of the estates ranged from 20 million pounds to as little as £5 million so it always kept her busy.

"See you later dude." Lucas smiled and headed for the door. "If you don't get your butt down here Josh, you're missing your ride to school!" He hollered and I bypassed him and ran up the spiral staircase. I headed for my room at the far left. The music blared from the room opposite but I didn't dare go in.