Sorry

Ke'Ari POV

I've been at Herb's place the last couple of days just so I could avoid Dave and everyone else. I still feel bad about what I said to him so I haven't been back to the house since the club. Cuban checks up on me everyday and she knows where I am. She got her stuff from me the next day and brought me some essentials from home since I won't go back and some of the stuff I needed isn't here at Herb's.

Herb didn't even ask questions when I showed up to his house at 2 am. He just welcomed me with open arms and that's all I needed in that moment. I just wanted comfort after what I said, I felt guilty and I know I should feel guilty because what I said was wrong.

Y'all might be confused so lemme explain..

A long time ago before I graduated school and joined the gang, Dave ran it by himself and he had a girlfriend at the time. One night, they went out for dinner and he didn't bring his gun. A few hours later the whole gang was in the hospital because they had been shot. His girlfriend died but he made it. Later, we found out that he didn't bring his gun because he planned on proposing and that he wanted to have at least one night without having to look over his shoulder. They dated for 2 years and he really cared for her, anyone could tell they were happy. He got depressed after that because he felt as if it was his fault that she died.

I shouldn't have said what I said and I need to apologize soon. My phone had been on DND since I've been here because I don't want to face the music yet. Besides, I'm eating good and having great sex with Herb. Who would want to leave something so peaceful.

"Yo Ari, we need to talk." Herb told me as he walked into the kitchen while I ate the leftover baked seafood macaroni he made last night.

"About?" I asked as I stuffed my face some more.

"I think you should go home." He said which shocked the fuck out of me because I thought he loved my company.

"I love having you here but I think you should make amends with Dave." He said and I sighed. Herb and I were together when Dave lost his girlfriend so I told him about what I said and he did not hesitate to tell me I was wrong for saying what I said. My sensitive ass was bout ready to cry.

"You're right, imma go home today." I said as I finished the rest of my food and walked upstairs to get my phone and purse.

I unplugged my phone from Herb's charger and grabbed my purse putting my lipgloss, car keys, and the half of blunt that Herb and I was smoking last night. I slipped on my furry slides and walked back downstairs seeing Herb in the kitchen eating pineapples with a Fiji water next to him.

"Can you take me home?" I asked and he jumped I guess startled by my presence before nodding. He got up and put the pineapples back in the fridge and grabbing his keys and water walking towards the door with me following behind him. He locked the house up while I walked to the car.

When he got in and pulled off it was a comfortable silence. The music was playing lowly and I started to doze off since it would take a little while to get to my house.

-45 MINUTES LATER-

I felt Herb shaking my thigh as I opened my eyes to see nothing but a blur so I rubbed my eyes until my vision came into focus and I looked again to see we were parked across the street from my house making me smack my lips. I'm not ready to face the music.

"Okay I know you might not want to go in there and stuff but if it gets too overwhelming you can come back out and I'll be here so we can go back to my house." Herb said as he grabbed my hand, I guess he sensed the uneasiness on my face.

"Alright, thanks for everything." I said as I reached over and pecked him on the lips before hopping out of the car with my stuff. The closer I got to the front door the more nervous I got. Don't be a pussy girl you said what you said.

As soon as I was about to get my keys out to open the door it swung open and Dave stood there with the nastiest mug on his face.

"Ari where the fuck have you been?!" He yelled as he pulled me inside the house and slammed the door. Everybody was here and looking at me waiting on an answer well except Cuban she just smirked and I rolled my eyes at her messy ass.

"I was away." I said as I tried to go upstairs but Jon ran over there and blocked me from going up.

"CAN YOU MOVE!" I yelled cause I got irritated as soon as I walked in.

"Yo brother tryna talk to you so sit yo ass down and stop tryna run from yo problems." Jon's voice boomed back at me making me jump a little. I rolled my eyes and stomped over to the couch sitting down next to Cuban.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN KE'ARI? WE BEEN BLOWING UP YO PHONE FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS AND YOU JUST WALTZ BACK IN HERE LIKE ITS NOTHING!" Dave yelled as he got in my face but Cuban pushed him back.

"Don't get in her fucking face like that." Cuban snapped at him as she mugged him.

"Keep yo hands off me and stay out of this." He snapped at her and she mumbled something under her breath sitting back.

"Don't worry bout where I was at. I obviously ain't wanna be contacted if I ain't answer y'all messages and shit." I said with nothing but attitude laced in my voice.

"Ke'Ari Giselle Fletcher, I'm being so patient with you right now don't fucking test me." He said pinching the bridge of his nose and I started to laugh.

"I came here to apologize about what I said when we were at the club but now I'm not doing shit because before I could even step through the door fully, you were bombarding me with questions." I said as I got up and ran upstairs to my room slamming the door. I threw my stuff on the bed and jumped on my bed bursting into tears.

Dave is always treating me like a child and I hate that. I understand he wants to protect me because I'm all he has left but sometimes the yelling and demanding answers isn't the way to do things. Yeah I know I might be in the wrong and all that but still he didn't have to act like that. I grew up spoiled, I'm not used to this shit.

A knock on my door made me rise up from my pillow and I looked to see Dave peaking his head inside my room so I rolled my eyes and laid back down.

"Can we talk?" He asked and I stuck up my middle finger because I didn't want to talk he just laughed and walked further into the room closing the door.

"I'm sorry for yelling and screaming at you Ari." He said as he sat on the edge of my bed. I just stuck up my thumb because I wasn't interested in talking right now. I just want some ice cream and cookies right about now.

"You can ignore me all you want but I do love you and want to protect you because you're my only family that I have left and you meant so much to our parents and you mean so much to me so I can't lose you. If something was to ever happen to you, I'd be so upset with myself and I would feel like I let mom and dad down." He said as I tear slip from his eye and I sat up reaching to give him a hug. I've only seen him cry a handful of times so this must've really hit home.

"I'm sorry too Dave. I shouldn't have said what I said about you and Nadia's accident and for that I feel terrible. I know you only want to protect me and stuff but I'm an adult Dave, if I get into a certain situation then I have to handle it on my own because I have to learn a lesson about the things I do." I said as we just hugged and he nodded lifting his head up and I could see he had shed a lot of tears so I wiped away what was left and he pushed my hands away laughing.

"You making me feel like a bitch Ari." He said as I laughed and he chuckled standing up.

"I'm glad we had this conversation though. I love you stupid, goodnight." He said as he hugged me before walking out of the room and closing the door behind him.

"I'm glad we talked too." I whispered lowly to myself as I smiled a little and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

I'm glad we had that talk.