{Chapter 22}

Y/N POV

The night before we went to war with my father was a restless one. Nightmares, up and down from bed, and a crying Negan was what the night was filled with. The majority of the nightmares were based upon Negan getting killed, and me losing the baby. Negan, of course, was worried and was up a lot of the night with me. 

"Come on, let me show you something that I go to almost every night."

We walked out into the long corridor and climbed up a ladder. When I got to the top of the ladder, Negan helped me up. I looked around and we were on the rooftop of the compound. He grabbed my hand and lead me to a spot that showed everything in the distance. 

"I want you to know that I love you Y/N. No matter what happens to me, I will always love you. You are my forever. Our child is my forever. I don't want to lose you." 

Negan's eyes began to well up with tears. I grabbed his neck and pulled him down to my level, and he began to cry into the crook of my neck. I gently rubbed his back, allowing for him to be in this vulnerable state with me, making him trust me all the more and vise versa. I looked out into the distance and sighed.

"I'm honestly terrified Negan. I don't want to lose you, I don't want to die. I don't want you to die."

"I won't die Y/N. You won't. No one that is apart of our group will."

We stayed outside for another hour, just talking about everything from A to Z. Once we were both dead tired, we walked to the ladder, went down it, and went to our bedroom. After climbing into bed, Negan held me tighter than he ever has before. Neither of us spoke, but it was a comforting silence. We both fell asleep.

~In the morning~

The blaring alarm clock was irritating. Negan groaned out and reached over me to turn it off. He kissed me while he was above me, not even a lustful one, but one full of need and hopefulness. When he broke it, he went down to my belly and kissed it, talking quietly to our child.

"I love you kid, more than any other person, besides your gorgeous mother. Today will end the war, and you'll be born into a happy world little kid, I promise."

Tears came quickly, but they were happy ones. I wiped them away and began to sit up. Negan pulled me up, and gave me a bear hug. He then grabbed my clothes to get changed into but when I went to get my current shirt off, he pushed my hands to the side. He took my clothes off for me. He then allowed me to do the same.

"Do you know how much I love you?"

"I do Negan, I really really do."

"Now, I know that this is a shitty gift, and I'm sorry that it is, but I thought you should have it."

He lifted his leather jacket and went into his pocket, and there was a polaroid picture of Negan. He was smiling, but it was normal. It was taken before this.

"If you don't like it, you don't have to take-"

"I love it. Baby, I love it."

Negan smiled. He pulled my shirt over my head and then his own. He put his pants on and I did my own. But before I could go finish getting ready, Negan grabbed my hand.

"I found this camera, and I want a picture of you to always have with me, if that's okay."

I nodded, and tried to smile. 

"You know what, I want it to be natural baby, just you wait. I will get it by the time you are ready."

I smirked, and boom! There was a flash of light in my face. The film dispensed and Negan waited for the picture to develop.