{Chapter 4} Edited!

Negan's POV

When I arrived back home to Lucille, she was laying in our shared bed. She looked towards me with tear filled eyes.

"Why Negan?"

"Why what baby?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about."

Yeah I was screwing around on her. And she knows now.

~ Two months later ~

I awoke to Lucille barley breathing.

"Baby?"

She didn't respond, and I went into a full panic. I picked her up, and ran towards my truck. I put her in and got in. We drove all the way to the ER.

~ A week later ~

Lucille came down with Leukemia, and it broke my heart. She was stuck in a hospital room. But I never left her. One day while I was looking out the window, there were things walking around. I grabbed my jacket and slowly walked down the hall. Before I knew it, something was charging at me. I pushed against the wall and pounded its head in. I ran to Lucille's room and woke her up.

"Baby we have to leave."

"I cannot leave! I'll die!"

"You'll be okay, come on!"

I took off my jacket and put it on her so she doesn't get cold. I carried her bridal style slowly down the hallway. I went to the elevator and called it. I waited a moment or two and nothing was happening. I mumbled to myself and walked to the stairway. I ran down them and on the first floor, there were hundreds of these things.

"Baby, I need you to walk, are you okay with that?"

"Yes. I'll be fine."

I gulped and set her down. Shit, how're we going to get through this. One of them fell from the high floor and it's blood spattered all over me. I rose my eyebrow and looked at Lucille.

"Maybe if we put their blood on us, they won't realize it's us?"

"I don't want that shit on me."

"Do you want to die?"

She huffed and I pulled the thing, walker, by us. I opened his stomach with my hands and put it on Lucille. She looked at me with confusion but just went with it. Once I had her covered, I did the same to myself.

"Here goes nothing."

I grabbed her hand and we walked into the room. When we did, they didn't notice us. We started to make our way through it and once we made it outside, Lucille collapsed. I ran to her side and picked her up.

"Negan, I'll only slow your survival down. I promise I'll be fine, just leave without me. I'll watch over you in heaven."

"No! I am not leaving you baby!" I said while crying.

"You have to, you're strong. You're the strongest person that I know. I promise you'll be okay!"

She got out of my arms and ran towards the walkers. I tried to grab her hand but she slipped right through it.

"LUCILLE NO!"

I tried to run after her but she closed the door and locked it behind her. After a few minutes of waiting for her to come out, the things came at me, I turned and ran as fast as I could. I ran into my truck and my baseball bat was in there. I stood behind my car and when they came towards me, I hit them in the head. Once it was all clear, I started my truck and drove home. once I got home, I ran into our bedroom and grabbed my gun. I drive back to the hospital and go inside and shoot every walker that i could possibly see. I dashed inside and saw Lucille, dead on the floor.