Prologue: Angelic Reawakening

Okay, okay, so maybe that title was a little confusing to some of you. Alright, lemme explain everything.

I'm Son Goku, a Saiyan raised on Earth... but I'm sure you might have already heard some of this before. After all, apparently there are a lot of people who know the truth about me and my friends, so I'll just cut to the chase.

You've all probably heard about the Tournament of Power, y'know, the one that threatened the existence of almost all the universes? That one. Anyway, I gained a power known as Ultra Instinct, a technique of the gods.

Whis saw me unlock this in the tournament, and decided to train me personally until I could master it. With my fight-loving nature, you could guess that I agreed to this, especially considering the fight with Planet Eater Moro.

Well, it's been a year and a half since that day, and after countless training sessions and tons of meditation, I had finally achieved it.

Was I proud? Hell yeah! This was incredible for me! Ultra Instinct is all about separating the mind from the body, and I was super ecstatic to know I had done something that few Gods of Destruction are able to achieve.

I could tell Whis was proud too, even though he didn't say it, but I did see a ghost of a smile on his face. I knew he was happy, and so was I.

Anyways, since then, I've been honing it by staying in Ultra Instinct, keeping it as a base form of sorts. Kinda like what I did for Super Saiyan back in the Cell Games.

Honestly, I really thought that things couldn't go wrong now.

Well, you can't always get what you want. But then again... this did lead to something that changed my life completely.

--

Note: Just letting everyone know that a few parts will be taken over from my Confessions story, so if you've read Confessions and read something that reminds you of it, that's why.