Chapter 3: Reunion and Lullabies

Jiren POV

I headed to my balcony back at home to find Marcarita and Belmod waiting, and the latter began to speak to me.

"Are you sure about this? Leaving Universe 11 is a major step." asked Belmod, and I nodded fiercely with a rekindled fire in my eyes.

I knew that this would be something new and unknown, but I had already seen most of what Universe 11 had to offer, I wanted something more. And besides... I had been hoping to have that rematch with Son Goku.

Marcarita smiled as I walked over to her and we both flew away... towards Universe 7's Earth.

-A few hours later-

I soon felt that we had landed and the light faded to show that we were on some grassy plain in the middle of nowhere.

"I shall be taking my leave, Jiren." Marcarita told me, "Call me if you need anything."

I nodded at her and watched as she flew away, soon trying to find Goku's ki, which was only a few miles from where I was standing. I smiled as I flew off, ready to have a reunion with the Saiyan who changed my life.

Goku POV

I was busy training outside my new home, trying to work off the lunch that I had when I suddenly sensed a familiar ki. I soon turned my head in the direction of the ki and my eyes widened as I saw someone I'd never thought I'd see again: Jiren.

I stopped what I was doing and watched as the Pride Trooper landed just a few feet away from me. A mix of confusion and excitement filled me. I was pretty glad to see him, as I was hoping for a rematch with him for a while now, though I was kinda befuddled 'cause I didn't know why he was there.

As he walked over, I soon voiced my thoughts, "Jiren?! What are you doing here in Universe 7?"

Jiren merely smirked, "It's been a while, Son Goku. I've done my duty as Pride Trooper, and I've decided to visit you. It has been at least two years, after all."

I was shocked. Jiren wanted to visit me? To be honest, I didn't really know Jiren personally, but I was shocked to hear him speak calmly like I was an old friend. I guess he really had changed. I shook those thoughts out of my head and smiled.

"That's great!" I grinned, "I, uh... guess you don't have anywhere to live, do you?"

Jiren remained silent, and I took that as an immediate 'no'.

"Well, you can crash with me!" I exclaimed happily, "I live by myself, and my house has a spare guest room you can use!"

I could tell by his face that he was shocked and I immediately chuckled, "Well, c'mon! This way!"

I quickly lead Jiren to my house, unknowing about what would happen due to this invitation.

Jiren POV

Goku brought me to his house and it was then I realised that he really did live alone. But why? I thought he had his own family. His hidden anger did not go unnoticed either, so when we got indoors I asked him:

"Is everything alright? You seem a little tense."

Goku turned to me with a shocked look on his face, but he soon sighed, "I-It's nothing, don't worry."

I decided to drop the subject, knowing that it was probably too personal to discuss, though I was still curious as to what was going on.

Goku showed me to the guest room, which was quite quaint and small, perfect for one person. I began to examine the room, which had the basics of a normal room: a bed, a chest of drawers and an empty wardrobe.