Chapter 14: Godslayer

Note: Goku and Jiren's battle uniform remains as it was from the Tournament of Power.

Also hope you like this battle arc so far. This is my first so I hope it's not too horrible! Heheh... okay, on with the story.

---

This was terrifying, unbridled power and they understood that. Hearts was a force to be reckoned with and, even though they didn't want to admit it, deep down they knew that they stood no chance against someone like him.

Someone capable of killing the Omni-Kings themselves. The Attendants? They were barely a challenge to him.

"This is bad." Jiren sweated at the being before him.

"Yeah." Goku replied with a serious tone, although a hint of excitement escaped his mouth, "His ki... it just keeps on growing!"

"Scared?" Hearts asked with an echo to his voice, "This is the power of the Universe Seed!"

Hearts' body had also changed to fit his new 'Ultimate Godslayer' form. His hair had turned sliver-like and flowed backwards. His coat was discarded and his entire body was glowing in a golden hue, a clear orb on his chest. He also had six spikes protruding out of his back and multiple green orbs surrounding them.

As a display of his power, Hearts waved his hand horizontally, causing a shockwave that destroyed the entirety of Beerus' planet, leaving flat land.

"N-No way!" Goku yelled. Jiren turned to Beerus, "We've got to get out of here! It's too dangerous!"

"Don't have to tell me twice!" Beerus quickly flew off towards anywhere that could have been safe place. Jiren flew off towards Beerus' direction but he was stopped by an uppercut and was sent flying upwards.

"Jiren!" Goku exclaimed in horror, but that quickly dissipated like the dust as he too was sent flying upwards with Hearts' kicks. The duo yelled in agonising pain as they were slammed down to the ground with just two punches, barely conscious.

"You are impressive warriors, Goku, Jiren." Hearts praised, "However, it is time for you to go. I will not allow you both to get in the way of freedom. So now..."

Hearts raised his glowing hand, which pulled the rubble from the ground upwards, coming together at a single point and making a massive meteor as big as a Spirit Bomb. Jiren and Goku could barely get up due to how damaged they were from those attacks from before, and they were about to pass out. The duo were close to meeting their end at the hands of this being until...

Someone saved them.

Goku and Jiren felt their wounds heal and their energy restored. They got up only to find a green barrier surrounding them, and a familiar figure standing outside of it, watching the oncoming meteor.

"Whis?!?" Goku looked surprised and somewhat scared as he saw the Angel appear, "Why are you here?"

"To save you of course." Whis smiled, "Though you do owe me for this."

"But why?" Jiren asked, "I thought you had joined the Grand Priest."

Whis looked down, "When I was first created, we Angels only had one goal, and that was to serve whoever created and destroyed in the universes. We were meant to remain neutral. However, with my father's ambitions to kill the Omni-Kings, I can no longer uphold the laws we have kept for so long."

The Angel of Universe 7 looked to Goku, "Goku, I must say, it was an honour to have you as one of my students. In all my years I have never met someone as battle-loving and kind-hearted as you are."