Chapter 12: A New Threat

This is where the story begins to turn into more DBZ-like so Goku and Jiren's relationship won't be the main focus. I wanted to put this in another story but I didn't know how that would work, so here ya go!

Also, I'll be changing some characters' backstories to fit with the canon (e.g. Cumber, Kamin and Oren won't be from Universe 6 and 7 and will be from other universes).

-Age 782-

On a distant, unnamed and unpopulated planet, Goku and Jiren were sparring intensely, hoping to push themselves to the very limit of their powers. Just because they were together, didn't mean that they weren't rivals with each other and sometimes Vegeta when he wasn't busy on Universe 6 or fighting Whis or Broly. The prince and on occasion Goku were managing to help Broly control his ki, with even Jiren helping him out with meditation. Everything seemed to have been peaceful, and nothing could ever seem to go wrong... right?

Unfortunately, fate had a cruel way of twisting things. And little did everyone know was that many events would lead to the battle of a lifetime.

Just as Goku and Jiren threw a punch towards each other their eyes quickly widened as they sensed something wrong. Something slowly fading away.

Goku's heart rate quickened as he dreaded what was going on, "Do you feel that?"

"Yeah." Jiren sweated, feeling familiar ki signatures fading, "Something's wrong. Earth's in peril, I can feel it."

Goku swiftly placed two fingers to his forehead, locking on to any of his friends on Earth while Jiren placed a hand on his shoulder, being teleported straight back, and what they saw horrified them.

-A few hours earlier-

"...you guys should have seen it! Gohan was hella mad!" Krillin exclaimed, recounting the tale of Cell and Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 transformation to those unaware, who were basically the Universe 6 Saiyans, Broly, Cheelai, Lemo and Hit who were there on a monthly visit.

"Well, after 16 was killed, I completely lost it. Even kicked Cell in the stomach hard enough for 18 to be vomited out." Gohan chuckled weakly, not exactly finding fond memories in this recount as it was when his father sacrificed himself.

18 was filled with revulsion, "Eugh... just thinking about it disgusts me."

"Didn't know you were such a badass Gohan!" Caulifla grinned, feeling pumped just thinking about Gohan's fight with the Bio-Android, even though it wasn't a pleasant experience for any of the Z-Fighters whatsoever.

All of a sudden, everyone felt multiple deadly explosions followed by tremors, and they sure as hell did not feel like regular earthquakes.

"What's going on, you guys?" Bulma asked, frightened at what was going on.

Hit grunted as he stood up, sweating at the enormous amount of God ki that (for some reason) he could sense alongside Vegeta, "I don't usually get involved with your problems, but this doesn't seem natural."

Him alongside Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba and Broly all nod to each other in unison as they fly off, leaving the others to head to the Lookout and protect Dende. If anything bad happened, they would definitely need the Dragon Balls in case of an emergency.

They all quickly landed at their destination just a dozen miles away from West City, and they all reached four massive craters in the ground in perfect alignment. The smoke from the explosions began to clear and everyone stood in shock as they were greeted with the Angels from universes 1, 12, 5 and 8.

Awamo, Martinu, Cukatail and Korn.

Martinu looked around, "Yes, I believe this is where Lord Beerus tends to visit. What was it called again?"